Favorite Sandalwood & Patchouli

Candybee

I am getting lots of requests for sandalwood and also patchouli. I make M&P soap and parasoy candles.

Just curious what is your fav sandalwood and patch FO to use. I am looking for one of each kind. Maybe even a blend too if you have one you like.

Cybilla's Indian Sandalwood, sold at Bramble Berry has been my best selling, rather than a plain sandalwood. Trippy Hippy from Southern Soapers is also a good seller. Of course, I personally prefer patchouli EO, it's always the best!! :cool2:

Oregon trails has the best sandalwood I've smelled. Soaps wonderfully. I put the link cuz it is a little hard to find. It is in the M rather than S list.

http://www.oregontrailsoaps.com/fragranceKO.html#m

Chris is right, there is nothing like patchouli EO. Some of the FO are almost as expensive as the EO. I've never smelled an FO that even comes close. EO goes a very long way. I only use .5 oz in a 4lb recipe of CP.http://secure.soapmaking.com/products.php?cat=54 here is a link for patchouli for $48 pp

If you are doing candles, the sandalwood isn't too hard to wick. But the patchouli FO and EO can be a challenge in containers. I don't have much of an issue in pillars though.

I always liked Tradewinds Hawaiian Sandlawood, but I have not ordered from them in a long time due to service complaints they have had.

I just got 2 samples of patchouli, one from Candle Cocoon the other from Peaks/ Both smell amazing OOB, I will have to get them in wax to see which is best though.

Thanks for the ideas.

I am not so much looking for EOs but FO that works in both my candles and soap. Can't afford patch EO or much of any EO really. I use a few for soapmaking but not in my candles.

Karen-- Have you tried the Hawaiian Sandalwood in candles? I had a samle soap in this scent before and loved it. Hope it throws well in candles.

ChrisR-- I have got to try Southern Soapers oils. I remember reading about the Trippy Hippy. Have you tried it both in soap and candles? Currently I use Pathouli Honey from Elements but want a more patch smelling oil for those patch lover customers of mine.

ChrisR-- I have got to try Southern Soapers oils. I remember reading about the Trippy Hippy. Have you tried it both in soap and candles? Currently I use Pathouli Honey from Elements but want a more patch smelling oil for those patch lover customers of mine.

Yep I use it in both parasoy candles and CP soap. I have a die hard trippy hippy customer that buys candles, soap & lotion in that FO. :cool2:

BTW-- did you change the name? I actually love the name Trippy Hippy-- or maybe even Flower Child.

I have a tie dyed theme with my products, so I left the name the same as it fit right in. :cool2:

I have to put my vote in for Peaks Patchouli. I just use it in incense but is very close to the real thing.

I agree that Peaks patchouli smells really close to the real thing. It may work better in your application than mine, I use palm wax and it is too weak for my taste. I'm looking for a stronger one right now.

My favorite Sandalwood so far is from Bert, it's really strong and all of my customers love it.