Upland Soap Factory Out Of Business????

jessiec

Does anyone know what is going on with Upland? I placed an order on June 1st. I am not getting a response through email or by phone. They won't return my calls. How long did it take for you to get your molds? Their customer service has been terrible IMO. Does anyone know what's up? Has anyone ordered recently?

Hmmm, well I called them again and got the machine... (again). I asked them if they were going out of business and told them that I was concerned that I haven't been able to speak to anyone. They never called me back.... they never emailed me back. Why is their website still up and why are they still taking orders?

This is crazy.

I haven't heard that they're going out of business but can tell you that the CS issue has been ongoing for over a year, maybe closer to 2. They have the best molds out there but many have worked to find other companies because of the same issues you're having. From what I've heard, if you ordered a mold, you'll get it eventually....

My friend ordered a week before me and she is having the exact same problems. I checked my credit card and the charge is pending, but they have not drawn the money on it. I am happy that they haven't charged me yet.... but I have wasted quite a bit of time waiting for these molds and it is really going to tick me off if they have no intentions of sending them. The fact that they did not return my call when I asked them if they were going out of business, is a really bad sign to me. Either they are out of business or they have the worst customer service on the internet! I just don't get it.

CareBear can you update us once you get a chance to try them out??? I've been wanting to order a log mold as I only use slabs now. Been wanting to order from Upland but I'm the type when I order I don't want to wait forever to get it!

I expect to soap with them on Saturday and will def update you. From the looks of them, I expect to be thrilled.

I just want to add...I have no problem waiting 4 weeks for a good mold. Good craftsmanship takes time.... everyone on this board realizes that. But, there is no excuse for never returning phone calls or email messages.

When I called them last (several days ago), I asked them if they were going out of business. I told them that I was concerned about whether or not my order was going to be fulfilled because no one was returning my calls or emails.

............ they still are not responding.

I spent a lot of money on my order and I, originally, just wanted to know the approximate number of weeks it would take. I was curious because it depends on how many orders they have to fill at the time. When they never got back to me, I became concerned that I am wasting time on them that I don't have. If they don't come through, I have another month to look forward to waiting with another company. Then another month for those soaps to cure. That is a lot of wasted time, and that ticks me off. That is no way for them to run a company.

Sorry if I seem harsh, but I am just really angry about it.

I just don't understand what the deal is with either Silvermoon or Upland. I only have one from each company, and had no problems with CS, or quality. Must've ordered them at the 'right' time or something? But a consumer shouldn't figure on a crapshoot when they put in an order for something, KWIM?

There's definitely a market for silicone molds, and I just don't understand what the problem is with these companies and they're current (or historic) lack of CS.

I ordered an Uplands back around May and got them fairly quick. Was able to talk to the owner quite a few times, too.

That said if I had seen WoodFields Woods I would have ordered those. They are very much like Silvermoon Molds.

Uplands are not as nice, really. In fact I have a quote from him on a custom slab but I have to buy 2 to begin with and I just don't have the dollars to do it right now. But I will in the future, they look awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered a mold on July 7 and received in on July 22. It wasn't a special order mold just an 18" long log mold with wooden case. I was very pleased with the 2 week turn around. I love their molds. This will be my 4th mold from them. They are absolutely the best. I also have 2 Silvermoon molds that ripped in one of the corners (both of them did it in the same place). I can still use them, but much prefer my Uplands.

Ann M

Ann,

Mine was not a special order I don't think they are doing special orders right now. I got the 12 bar slab the bars are 3 1/2 by 2 1/2

I guess you got lucky they may have had some in back already made up.

Barbara AL

Mine wasn't a special order either. It was a standard log mold listed on their site. After a very long time with zero response from them, I emailed (and called them) to tell them that I wanted to cancel my order. I did get an email notice back that time, telling me that the order was cancelled. I ordered from woodsfield and love the log mold as well as the customer service. I have also ordered a slab from woodsfield the other day. I am so thankful that there is still a silicone mold maker out there that you can count on.

I am sorry for the owners of Upland, if they are having some sort of difficulty or if something else is going on with them. But, if that is the case, they should have a notice on the website.... or at least respond to the phone or emails. If they can't service their customers, then they shouldn't take orders. I wasted a lot of time waiting for my order.

.... anyway, all is good now. :-)