Fall scents

LynnS

I have alot of food scents and of course fall ones.I do like them and will keep some.Problem is some customers aren't into food scents and my big wholesale account likes something besides those.She likes a few but not alot of them.

Please give me some ideas for some fall scents that are not food but strong and sellers.

I am replacing some scents this year.Adding new ones for fall and spring.Tired of the same old ones. I get lots of lookers on my site but no orders lately.The scents can also be a problem.So many like one thing and one thing only. :confused:

LynnS

Apple Spice Cake

Apple Pie

Carmel Corn

Banana Nut Bread

Cinnamon Sticks

Clove

Cranberry

Cranberry Ice

Fresh Baked Bread

Grandma's Kitchen

Hot Apple Pie

Pie Crust

Pumpkin Spice

Red Hot Cinnamon

Spiced Cranberry

Spiced Marmalade

Toasted Marshmallow

Vanilla Hazelnut

Vanilla Pudding

Vanilla Sugar

Apple Cider

Apple Barrel Cider

Autumn Fields

Apple Orchard

Autumn Harvest

Allspice

Apple Cinnamon

Apple Orchard

Apples n Berries

Apples n Oak

Autumn Afternoon

Brown Sugar n Spice

Campfire Smoke

Caramel Apple

Cedar Wood

Carmel Corn

Crème de Cocoa

Chocolate & Cinnamon

Cinnamon Cider

Cinnamon Toast

Country Cider

Cinnamon

Country Spice

Fall Harvest

Fireplace

Harvest Spice

Hazelnut Coffee

Indian Summer

Log Cabin

Macintosh Apple

Maple Pecan

Maple Syrup

Mulled Wine

New Mown Hay

Pumpkin Pie

S'mores

Spiced Cider

Vermont Maple Syrup

Woodland Trail

Autumn Leaves, Rosemary Mint, Bay Rum, Bergamont & Coriander,Blackberry Amber, Blackberry Sage, Brown Sugar & Fig, Chestnuts & Brown Sugar,Chocolate Amber,Cucumber Mint,Fig by Henri Bendel, Juniper Breeze, Pumpkin Patchoulie...or any of the number of clean fresh laundry scents, or cologne dupes....

You can also try making your OWN mixes.... come up with something new and exotic.... When I think fall of I think of things like Pumpkin, Leaves, Amber, Patchouli,trees,....

I tried selling hayride at craft shows but never could.Still might be good for on line sales this fall.People said the exact scent but never brought it.

I like those that have autumn, cinnamon, spice, woodsy,harvest in the name. I still want food but not the ones I have. My best foods ones are Pumpkin Cornbread, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Blueberry Muffins and a few more.Doing away with chocolate scents.Like Hot Fudge Brownie, Chocolate Fudge etc. You know some people say they make them hungry.When I picked chocolate I was on a binge.

People say they like are Campfire(not a great one for me) makes me sick but husband will do it. I go upstairs and close the registers it makes me that sick. But people like it. I told one lady we would make it but never heard from her.If you live more than a few miles they forget it and sure don't want it shipped.

Fireplace sounds like a winner.Gotta find that one.I like the cider scents too.I had Mulled Cider but to me it wasn't strong but the ones listed here sound good. :yay:

I am making a list and checking what my suppliers have and do some searching too.

Thank You

LynnS

Well besides that long list of mostly food scents that you didn't want or were looking for ... how about picking some of the spices out of it and making combinations?

Clove -- mixes with dang near everything doesn't it? And it's a pungent spice. Clove and mint, clove (red clove actually from Peak) somewhat straight up isn't bad. Clove, Cinnamon and maybe some French vanilla. Splash some clove into Autumn leaves. Clove and wood/earthy scents might drum up something intriguing.

There's an Indian Summer out there which would be good early in the fall or you could just rename it to fit into fall.

Ambers. Peak's has a good French vanilla Amber, but amber has such a rich attraction to it.

Marigold mint maybe.

Look into some balsam combos too perhaps. You could add some cranberry to it or spiced cranberry. It mixes pretty well. Probably hit it with some spices too.

Earthen oak (think it is) might be a consideration.

Apples, leather and hay -- see what that does.

Well where I thought it was doesn't have it, but Lone Star and NG do. Nu Scents (think that's it -- lists one too) and Southern Soaper will be getting an Indian Paintbrush (or it was on the list at one time). I haven't tried these.

Will add though that Candle Cocoon may have a few very interesting new fragrances -- cranberry, cardamon and clove was one of them.

"Amish Harvest"

"Lavender, Apples, & Oak"

There's another one or two that have "acorns" in the name that are fantastic. It's been so long since I poured Autumn scents the names are escaping me, but dang it I'm fixing to start pouring them! It's too hot to burn candles in the Summer (to me anyway) so I don't really do much pouring in Springtime for Summer, and Fall and Christmas scents are my favorites anyway. I can't stand it! I've got to pour some NOW even with Summer raging all around me!!!

:yay:

Clove is one I would love to do but got so frustrated with it last year in wicking.I got so many different wicks and kinda gave up.I will start again this year.My wholesaler wanted it IF I got it down pat but just drowned out even in my 8 ounce JJ.I had a few on here say it was a BIG problem for them too. Could be my wax with that certain scent.

I have many wicks to choose from. Will start over. I can do it I can do it I know I can. LOL

I did try Indian Summer from one place but not as strong as I thought it should be. I guess try another company. I love Spiced Cranberry.That scent lingers forever after the candle is blown out. A knock out scent. :yay: Pretty sure I got it from BCN.

Sometimes it is the scents you carry that will turn people away.I am starting to feel they aren't want I want now but maybe 5 years ago. We candlemakers do need a change every now and then.

Thanks

LynnS

I found that people want memories in the fall. They want the smells of the years past. Don't you want memories that time of year? I love candle sciences cinnamon stick. It is the best cinnamon I have ever had. It has a little nutmeg and clove in it. I am selling out of it NOW, in the heat. You ought to try it. You can add any fruit to it. Their mac apple is the best around too. Mix that together, and make another great seller. Anything with pumpkin works. Add some cinnamon to the pumpkin souffle and it makes it better. I am sooooooo ready for the fall already.