chunked octagons

dragontears

They look good.

I have a technique to make more chunks show up.

Take a knife and cut around the chunks (just push the blade for a straight cut). Pop out the white wax over the chunk. When you have cut all the chunks that you want to show up, use a soft paint brush to remove any wax crumbs. Then with a heat gun, in a sweeping back & forth motion:bliss:, lightly melt the cut edge around the chunks but not so long or hot to make the wax drip. This will make more of the chunks show up, which is why we make chunk candles in the first place.

IMO this is more time consuming but, in the long run, makes for a better chunk candle. I look at it this way if I'm going to spend all the time it takes to make wax chunks I want as many as I can show. Also my customers like more chunks to show and it makes them sell better.

JMO & Hope you like the idea

Candle Man

edited - didn't check spelling

They look great. Nice variety of colors. :)

I don't usually care for the shunks to show up completely myself. But when someone wants ones that do, I stack the chunks around the inside of the mold first with the flat sides against it, then toss in the rest.

Just curious.. what kind of wax is the overpour? It's so white and creamy looking. Very striking with the bright colors.