New wax from Golden Brands

I have been itching to try soy for a long time and this will be a good opportunity for me to give it a whirl. I e-mailed for samples of the 444,430 and 402 ( one is a palm which is what I currently use so I'm anxious to give that one a try also ) Now I just need to read as much as I can on this forum and the archives. Expect some questions from me for all you soy gurus:tongue2:

I burned mine today, 444 with Orange Dreamsicle. The hot throw was terriffic. But it burns funnier than ordinary soy wax. Going to take some playing with. After it burned and cooled I zapped it to even it out to try another wick. When that cooled I got a hairline crack right across the top. But all my waxes have been doing that. I don't think they like me! :P

Hi Marilyn,

What do you mean "it burns funnier"?

Can you be more specific, we are all dying to know!

I am sure Jason is anxious as well.

I narrowed the cracked tops down to my moving or bumping the jar or wicks. I am more careful, and goodbye cracks!

Thank you for the input...I am waiting with breathless anticipation!!

I can't wait to try this wax. My family and friends have been asking about soy candles for the past couple of weeks, so I'll give them a try. I hope it doesn't crack on me.

I requested the GW444 & the LP402, and now I wish I would have mentioned the 423 pillar wax. Ah well, containers are easier. :P

I got 3 jugs of samples!!!

:yay: :yay:

449, 423, 444 is what they are labled on top!!!:yay:

The 423 is a pillar blend. Never made pillars before, but now I will have to try that too!!!

OOOHHH NOOOO.:shocked2: Another candle to get hooked on making!!!

Got mine today too, but too late to do anything with it today. Prolly won't get to it until tomorrow or Friday. Kinda excited to see what it can do.

Got mine yesterday! Thank you Jason! I made up a lb of the GW444 with 6% Peaks Apple Jack n Peel to directly compare with same FO and load in plain MC soy with 3% BW. Heated to 180, added FO, stirred well, poured hot at 140 as Jason recommended. Will report back after the candle cools. :cool2:

I have been itching to try soy for a long time and this will be a good opportunity for me to give it a whirl. I e-mailed for samples of the 444,430 and 402 ( one is a palm which is what I currently use so I'm anxious to give that one a try also ) Now I just need to read as much as I can on this forum and the archives. Expect some questions from me for all you soy gurus:tongue2:

From reading the brochure Jason included with my wax samples, it appears that the LP430 is a palm stearine, not a palm wax. They do not appear to carry any palm waxes.

I sent Jason an email yesterday for a sample. What a nice company and person he is. He emailed right back and also called me on the phone to let me know he would be sending a sample my way.

I am so excited to try this wax. I currently do a blend of 2 waxed and would love to find 1 wax and not have to do that.

julwid

I sent an email as well but I got mine bounced back to me. saying invalid email address. I copied and pasted it directly from here and his website and resent, yet still got bounced back. I dont know what I am doing wrong. :cry2:

Did you send him a PM?

I emailed Jason this morning and go a quick reply. I'm going to try the pillar wax. I am currently using the Astrolite PQ that has been discontinued. I have about 100 lbs left but am looking to replace it with soy. I use ezsoy in my jars. Can't wait. Will have to put some thought on how to use the sample. Want to get a good true test. Has anyone else got the GW423?

I emailed Jason at the address given but all my emails come back. Is there another address for him.

His email server has a pretty restrictive spam filter, and lots of our emails have been bounced. You should PM him, or call the toll-free number. He likes to chat!

the geek