New wax from Golden Brands

Got my hands on some of this wax. Wow, I think I'm going to like it!! Just poured it but got too excited to wait to tell you! It cooled to a nice, smooth surface. No cracks so far. :yay: Cold throw is real good. I am seeing that you shouldn't pour too cool. I poured @120 and got the smoothest tops. Can't wait to burn them!:highfive:

Just wondering out loud, how will GB's wholesale distributors feel about them soliciting and selling directly to their existing or potential customers? I've been getting MillCreek soy, which appears to be the same as GB's plain 415 soy. Not that I wouldn't mind finding an easier soy to use, and at a competitive price. Since GB is in Louisville, it's a relatively easy drive for me from Indy, quite possibly about three hour round trip. Purchasing a couple hundred lbs at a time would be worth the freight savings! :yay:

I'll have to see who sells the GW444 then, maybe MC will carry it. Are there many of us on this board that can buy that much? It did seen odd that a manufacturer would want to sell to a small timer like me, and bypass their normal distributors. Oh well, if it does work well, it may be worth finding who sells it and get it there.

I can answer that question GB has a 6 pallet minimum the is 13,200 lbs of wax. Sorry but the small candle maker is not going to buy from them. You will have to go to your supplier for anything less than 6 pallets.

Wow, there is NO way I could ever buy that much, period. It's not even worth it for me to try it then.

Bummer.

There will be smaller suppliers selling it. Just like the IGI waxes or any other wax manufacturers they sell mainly to suppliers not to us small guys. Hopefully soon we will find out who is carrying it. Since it is so new it will take awhile for our suppliers to start carrying it.

I second that Vickey.

There also seems to be a bit of confusion regarding the posts about this wax and I'd like to add that the reason Jason is offering free samples, he wants us to try it and hopefully like it and then we'll all want our wax suppliers to carry the new wax.

Myself, I'm looking forward to trying it...nothing ventured, nothing gained. :grin2:

Bring it on!!! :yay:

Stacy

Same tact that pharmaceutical companies use...advertise to the end user, who then puts pressure on the supplier to carry it.

I definitely misunderstood GB's intentions. I thought GB was doing an end-around on their wholesalers by trying to deal directly with us. I used to work for a wholesale tire company, and we saw how Goodyear tried to have it both ways, by opening a company store in a market where they already were wholesaling to smaller tire shops.

Their soy/veggie blend hopefully will be easier to work with, and pour hotter, than just their plain 415 (which MC carries).

I had just been having all kinds of unusual problems with the waxes that I am currently using that I was just too excited about this. I hope I didn't jump the gun too much. I would like to say that with my testing I noticed that I get to 120* and it sets up real quick, to nice smooth tops! But you do have to get to the right temp that works for you. I didn't get a chance to ask Jason what temp was reccommended.

Hi. Haven't received my free offer yet, but wondered if at a later date Jason would be able to tell us who is carrying what as many of the smaller distributers use their name and not exactually what it is...Bluegrass Blend, Snowtop, Mellenium etc. I know snowtop is the plain 415, but some companies will not say...just that it is their own. Maybe none are these waxes, but wondered. It would be a help if one knew what they were ordering. Beth

Good Morning Everybody,

Thank you all for your interest in our products. I am sorry that I didn’t get back with all of you, but I was flooded with request and was out of town this weekend. I will get all of your request out this week. I received everybody’s PM’s and emails. I will not be able to verify each request received, I have over fifty of them today.

As you all know we are the manufacturers of this product and we do have a six pallet minimum. At this point Millcreek will be carrying the 444 and should have the product by Wednesday. I will let everyone know when we get other distributors. For those in the west coast do not worry. I should have someone in California by next week.

Thanks,

Jason

These new blends are soy with various other vegi oils. They include; cotton and palm.

We do have a six pallet minimum, but I will be able to find dist. for all of you. Millcreek will be getting an order by Monday of next week and Gateway will also be ordering the 444. Gateways number is 1-877-220-1963, ask for Kris.

Thanks again,

Jason Glaser