Hypothetical ? If money were no object

I guess I can't truly answer this question, cause money always seems to be an object & therefore have never purchased the really pricey stuff that I assume is topnotch. I have it in my mind that Lebermuth is one of the very best & would probably go hog wild buying there. Before I answered this question I took another look at their site & stumbled on a big closeout fo sale. They have 2lbs for ... get this ... $12.50!! Their 2lb price runs between $40-60. Has anyone puchased from them?? Closeouts are on the right @ http://www.lebermuth.com/

Susan.

Hypothetically, for those who have tried many FO suppliers, if cost per lb and shipping were not a consideration, strictly quality (authentic scent, strong throw in natural wax) who would you buy from?

I tend to buy from the expensive places anyway. lol :tongue2: If they have something that I can't find anywhere else and have a fragrance that is better than some of the more inexpensive places, I will buy it if I just have to have that scent. However, I try to look to other places first and try to carry the bulk of my fragrances from upper middle places. I buy from both WSP and BNL (which I guess are considered kinda high), and I am going to be placing an order from Sweetcakes. There are a few other expensive places that I have not yet bought from and I hope I can stay away from. :P

• 6 years later...

<sigh> Im too "practical" to answer this :(. I buy what sells. Luckily what sells for me, doesn't cost 20.00 a lb or more.

If I have a "sugar cookie" that sells really well, at less than 1.00 an ounce, why would I want to switch to something that sells at 2.00 or more an ounce?

Sorry, I just like my money and I can think of SO many other places to spend it!

If it aint broke, don't go trying to "fix it" LOL

Now SURE.. I'd love to TRY the more expensive FOs, but honestly ... why? There are SO many candlers out there, SO many people doing bath and body. I have to stay competitive ! Sure for a lot of customers quality = price... but for the majority of my customers, they want the highest quality that they are WILLING to spend money on. I know of 10 scents right now i'd DIE to have in my line. But they cost so much , I'd either not make money off of them to keep them in the price range, or ... I'd have to charge so much for them, my middle of the spending row customers would look at me and laugh and wonder why THAT sugar cookie pack of melts was a buck fiddy more than THAT one over there that smells great too !

Definitely Sweet Cakes, I love their Tahitian Petals and Lemon Grass fo's and many more! I also love a lot of Moonworks and Daystar fo's that are in that $30 per pound range. But I have to say that Berts had some of the best affordable fo's around...I miss Bert :(

I probably have 20 of Sweetcakes FO's I use in candles and CP soap...........I usually use less than 1 oz/lb in my parasoy wax and my customers have no problem paying what I ask as they can't buy these FO's anywhere else!! They reason Sweetcakes, Scent Works, DayStar, Moonworks, Southern Garden, Candle Cocoon, Bramble Berry.......and a few others I can't think of right now are more expensive, is because there are many more notes to their FO's, most use more essential oils in the FO's and they are overall a higher quality oil. Yes there are many, many good & cheaper FO's, which I also use, but they won't have the complicated notes that the higher priced FO's do.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my samples from Sweet Cakes and I have to say they are VERY weak OOB.... I was totally expecting them to be super strong- I hope they come alive in wax with sooooo many people having nothing but great things to say about them- I will be trying them out in 415 soy this weekend- I hope- I hope they work- I love the smells of them I just have to really wiff to catch them.... but then again maybe I am getting a cold...again!

I got my samples from Sweet Cakes and I have to say they are VERY weak OOB.... I was totally expecting them to be super strong- I hope they come alive in wax with sooooo many people having nothing but great things to say about them- I will be trying them out in 415 soy this weekend- I hope- I hope they work- I love the smells of them I just have to really wiff to catch them.... but then again maybe I am getting a cold...again!

Which ones did you get?

um, after this damn discussion, I now have 5 bottles of Sweetcakes FO in front of me.......lol. OOB-Fleurissimo (Creed type) smells awesome. B & B for sure; not sure about candles. Apricot chamomile smells strong OOB. Linden blossom smells awesome; not terribly strong OOB. Aloe Vera smells fabulous. Hope to get some of it in wax this weekend.

Which ones did you get?

I got:

Woodlands- weak

Karens ocean rain- smells great but faint

Molton brown black pepper - smells great but faint

Worlds best magnolia - great but faint

Lilac - great but faint

Champaca and bamboo - awesome and one of the stronger ones

Summer peach - very light

Fresh lemon sugar - very light

Tom ford black orchid - love it but faint

Lavender and herbs - great and one of the stronger ones

Sweet yellow pear - love it and a stronger one

Rain - pretty but light

Fresh grass - awesome but faint

Blueberry verbena - amazing and the strongest

Clean cotton - very nice And a stronger one

Eucalyptus - not so sure about this one and weak

Green Irish tweed - nice but faint

Dewy green cactus - one of the stronger ones and amazing

Hotel Coates - really like this one

Hopefully there isn't 2 sweet cakes...and I ordered from the wrong place- they were expensive and samples are in glass bottles but so far every other company I tried OOB is way stronger but a lot have not thrown in wax either....

@Moonshine....i have Karens Ocean Rain, didnt care much for it. I also have Coconut Lemon Grass and Tahitian Petals, both were light oob but did great in my parasoy blend. They also did great in B&B, I think some of them come to life once they are in something. I also find that the more expensive fo's in my opinion tend to be a bit lighter but have a lot more depth and notes once in a product.

Edited by lsbennis

I've never looked at the B&B suppliers' FOs because I read that they are weaker than the candle FOs. Is it true?