Hypothetical ? If money were no object

I've never looked at the B&B suppliers' FOs because I read that they are weaker than the candle FOs. Is it true?

No that's not true! I've used Sweetcakes, Bramble Berry and Scent Works and other B&B supplier FO's for years and actually use less than an oz./lb for many of my candles. Also anyone who judges or gives an opinion for any FO by sniffing OOB is just not very smart IMHO and their opinion isn't one I'm readily gonna listen to as being accurate. You need to put it in soap, candles, whatever to actually get a true idea if the scent is good, bad or indifferent. NO supplier has 100% success on all their FO's. I personally never ask what's gonna throw good or anyone else's opinion on any FO, as I know it may not be the same in my wax, CP soap, etc. I need to buy it and TEST it, not just sniff the freaking bottle!! :rolleyes2

I used to pour Woodlands from SC and then found it from another supplier who has since gone OOB. It was really strong in my parasoy at 8%. One of my best friend's...her daughter loved to burn this scent.

I've never looked at the B&B suppliers' FOs because I read that they are weaker than the candle FOs. Is it true?

Hey Horsescents

I have not put them in wax yet so I do not know if they are weaker or not.... I was just a little surprised that OOB they are much weaker than FO's I get from other suppliers- I usually do buy scents that are for candles only but those dont always work out either! LOL. I do use alot of Scent Works FO's that are B & B safe and they are no where as weak smelling OOB then the ones I just received from SC and throw very strong in soy

@Chris - I am smart enough to know that you have to put them in wax to accurately judge an FO - everyone gives OOB opinions and that was exactly what I was doing a little worried that maybe I didnt buy from the right company as this was the first time I bought from them and the first company that I cant tell the difference between the scent and water. It was not an overall judgement of the FO or the company - and it doesnt mean some, most or maybe all of them will end up being the best candles I ever made

I poured the Hotel Costes, Eucalyptus and Champaca and bamboo last night in melts

All 3 three of them at 1 ounce per pound are throwing like crazy with really no cure - I usually do melts at 9 or 10 percent but last night I thought I would try out the 1 ounce per pound and see what I got- as soon as these FO's hit the wax they became very fragrant and I am thrilled with the throw on them- I put champaca and bamboo in our back office this morning and the hotel costes in the front office and they are super super duper strong

The eucalyptus that I could hardly smell OOB is scenting my entire upstairs at home very strongly

I think I may have found a new favorite supplier with amazing scents- these 3 are like no others I have tried before- Hotel costes is simply amazing

Hi!

I would really like to know your thoughts on the Sweet Yellow Pear and Blueberry Verbena! Thanks!

Michele

I will pour those tonight in melts and test them tomorrow- its hard not to order more now until I finish the 1 ouncers! I cant wait to see what they do in a candle

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...