Whole set of fuglies!

SatinDucky

Well, I think you're being a little hard on yourself. They may not have turned out the way you wanted, but that doesn't make them ugly. Just think if we all made the same candles, it would be a boring world, and we would have no reason to have the gallery. So embrace these :yay:

This isn't one of those cases of false modesty. I know I do make some gorgeous candles, IMO anyway :grin2: Maybe it's just my taste or the lack of my camera being able to capture the true ugliness of these, but they're really pukey...lol. If there happen to be some out there who like them, no offense :tiptoe:

That's a pretty cool pattern on the pillar. Not sure I understand what I'm seeing there.

It was supposed to be one of the swirl/motion candles. All of them were. The overpour was too hot and I heated the mold too much. Much of my rings completely melted. Thats the reason for the colored overpour. Which ever color rings were towards the top is the color the overpour morphed into...

Sorry, what's exactly Fugly? I know "ugly" and I don't see anything ugly in your candles!!

and.. what are motion pillar??

Congrats, you have the best ugly candles I've never seen!

"Fugly" is just a slang term for ugly ;) I guess it's mostly because they didn't turn out they way I pictured and they look washed out.

Ok, now.. I called it motion/swirl to distinguish it from a marble type swirl. It's type of pillars that a company here in the US makes. We're not allowed to call them "motion" candles as the company has the name trademarked. Celicagtca posted instructions with pictures. I thought it was going to be added to the Techniques and Ideas section, but I guess it hasn't. I went and searched the archive to find them for those who are curious...

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=gallery;action=display;num=1111442044;start=