My shower order!

CandleLytes

Nothing special but I am sure glad they are done! Had a customer order 48 Baby Powder Votives, 24 white, 24 blue, and four 4 oz. candles the yellow is Pear Berry, Blue is Ocean, White is Mexican Vanilla and Green is Aloe Vera. This took me 2 weeks for some reason. I was just not looking forward to this order. LOL. But as u can tell, the baby is a boy!

post-9408-139458452966_thumb.jpg

post-9408-139458452968_thumb.jpg

Before anyone asks... I know there is a slight dip in the top of the votives but for some reason (not sure why) she liked the look of them that way.

Thanks Marsh

Seriously? Did you try to explain to her that a repour would get rid of those dips? She probably did not know that since most people don't pour candles and don't know the stuff we do. At least she was happy.

Why are people saying they like the dip? Is this what all you guys votives look like? Is this not a candle board where we should say the truth and try to correct someone's mistakes if we can? They should not have a dip if poured properly. If a customer likes them it's probably because they don't know any better but that's fine for them but shouldn't be for the chandler, IMO. :)

This is how mine look and I would image the majority of you here make them with no dip.

14todah.jpg

I don't know what the hell I did to you but ALMOST every freakin' thread I post... you critisize. It's like you go out of your way... to be partically nasty towards my threads and pictures. I don't post them for approval, I post them to share my work. AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, the customer, is a good friend of mine, and she just happened to be at my house wanting to look at how much of her order I had gotten done so far, so I showed her the votives explaining I had one more pour to do before they were complete. She stopped me and said she like them like that because she was using them as party favors and planned to decorate them up a little. Who am I to tell her what she likes is not correct? I explained the final pour to her and she still opted to have them left that way. I appreciate her business so I would never insult her, or any other customer, in that way. If a customer does not like the product they will either tell you to fix it, or take their business elsewhere. I know how to pour votives, I have done hundreds. Never once had any complaints with them. And I have been doing this for almost 2 yrs now.

And if you think you are going to bully me off this board.... it's not going to work. Just because you don't like my work does not mean other people don't and I generally like coming here and chatting with people as well as looking at their work. If you don't like mine, quit looking at it. Can't get more simple than that.

Sorry MODS if this post violates any rules but sometimes people have just had enough, ya know?

Seriously? Did you try to explain to her that a repour would get rid of those dips?

I did indeed explain to her that I personally do not like dips in votives, makes them look incomplete but they are her candles and she obviously had plans for them just the way they were. I even had votives on hand that are flat topped that I showed her. She preferred the dips.

Oh No. Here we go again! Weren't you two disagreeing on candles when I first came here? I think so. I agree Ring of Fire that it seems you seek CandleLytes threads and ridicule them because the product is not like your own. I think everyone is different and as long as they are happy with their work and the customer is happy that's all that matters.

You are basically accusing this person of not knowing what she is doing and from what I can tell, her candles look great.

I did indeed explain to her that I personally do not like dips in votives, makes them look incomplete but they are her candles and she obviously had plans for them just the way they were. I even had votives on hand that are flat topped that I showed her. She preferred the dips.

If she was happy and did not complain, then that's all that matters. And happy customers are repeat customers!

And if you think you are going to bully me off this board.... it's not going to work. Just because you don't like my work does not mean other people don't and I generally like coming here and chatting with people as well as looking at their work. If you don't like mine, quit looking at it. Can't get more simple than that.

Sorry MODS if this post violates any rules but sometimes people have just had enough, ya know?

How could I possibly do that? How ludicrous. Just trying to help. But hey, LIKE I SAID, who cares as long as your customer is happy. I am not one to ooh and ahh over something like lots of people here just to make someone feel good.

Don't read my posts if they upset you so much.

I notice you can't accept any suggestions a lot of the time.

Oh No. Here we go again! Weren't you two disagreeing on candles when I first came here? I think so. I agree Ring of Fire that it seems you seek CandleLytes threads and ridicule them because the product is not like your own. I think everyone is different and as long as they are happy with their work and the customer is happy that's all that matters. 

You are basically accusing this person of not knowing what she is doing and from what I can tell, her candles look great.

You must have me confused with a whole lot of other people.

I notice you can't accept any suggestions a lot of the time.

I got where I am right now because I did listen to people's suggestions on this board. And it's not that I wasn't listening to yours, sorry I took offense. I myself do not like dips in votives, makes them look incomplete, but your post made me feel as though you were accusing me of giving my customer an incomplete or unattractive product. So I got mad. BUT, in defense, in my very first post I posted that the customer wanted them that way, I even burned one to make sure they burned properly, for my own satisfaction. Thanks for your input