Ordering Peaks Scents

JudyN

Hi Everyone. I need some help. I don't have time to try all kinds of scents before Christmas so I was hoping you'd be able to help me. I want to order 5 scents from peaks and get the 10% discount. For Christmas I'm making 4 colors of candles, can you recommend what Christmas Fragrances you would recommend for these colors. Cranberry Red (I was thinking Spiced Cranberry?), Green (maybe a pine kind of scent?) and Gold and Purple are the other two colors and I'm not sure for Christmas what scents would be good and I have one additional scent to buy. I'm thinking of buying at least one pound each as I can see with all that I've been making the scents go fast. Also, what is your feeling if I give some unscented candles away or will people be disappointed without any scent? TIA

P.S. I did get a sample kit and I like the Spiced Cranberry,

Bayberry and Blackberry Sage and Mountain Pine. If I get Bayberry what color of candle would I do, Green or Purple?

I have done the Spiced Cranberry and Apple Jack and Peel in red (well it's soy so it's actually more pink) and love those scents. For the green I have done Home for the Holidays (that seems to be one people either love or hate but most of the people I had smell it loved it) Not sure what I would use for the purple or gold since I don't have either if those colors.

Mmmm just some thoughts:

Green: Bayberry, Home for the holiday (could even be layered with red), spruce xmas tree

Red: Home for the holiday, spiced cranberry, red clove (I just love the scent and you could rename it lol, but nice and spicy ;) )

Purple: Mulberry, spiced sugar plums

Yellow or gold or close to it I suppose: Sugar cookies

And you could mix colors for a oh brown or light tan etc. something for gingerbread cookies.

And there's egg nog, which you could dye to a very light yellow.

Cinnamon balsam: good green, red etc. Love the scent and am completely out because of AngieM ... j/k!!

Trying to go off the top of my head with what they have. You know, you could do something with their pear too. Pears seem to always make it into the holiday magazines as a dessert.

Bayberry or Home for the Holidays - green

Amish Harvest - red

French Vanilla - gold

Sugar Plum Berries - purple

Personally, I think the spiced cranberry smells like kool-aid! I don't care for the sugar plum berries either, but a lot of people love it.

Gold -- do the french vanilla and amber and just rename the scent to something Xmasy! It's a delicious scent lol! I'm not going to be able to help you stay within the five bottle limit though lol! Perhaps you can beg them to make your free sample something that you really wanna try (but who wouldn't want to try 'em all lol!)

Sweet pumpkin pie ... tis ok, but I can't see it gold. However, that's the beauty of candlemaking, you make it how ya wanna make it :)

Spruce Christmas Tree or Home for the Holidays - Green

Amish Harvest or Spiced Cranberry - Red

Vanilla Hazelnut - Gold

Can't think of a purple because I haven't tried the Sugar Plum, but maybe Lovespell. It isn't really a Christmas scent, but sure smells good. HTH

Okay, I placed my order. Thanks for all your help. I ended up getting 10 scents (OMG). I got 6 - 1 lb. and 4 - 4 oz . It worked out great, I saved over 20.00 (which is approx 3 of the 4 oz sizes). This is great because I can try all of these. How fun is that. I also had the ordered rushed so hopefully I get it soon. I'll let you know how this all works out. Thanks again.