I feel like I've started from the beginning :P

Wow... soy really does behave so much differently from paraffin. I'm not sure how the wicking is going because they haven't cured enough yet, but man-oh-man was I spoiled by my 4630 one pour wax!!

I've done 8 testers so far... 4 scents with 2 different size wick per scent based on the jar size. Four different pour temps so far, trying to find the optimum temp to avoid all the craters (I use 444). Looks like I've got a couple six months of testing these creatures!! But.. I think it will be worth it to have a candle that "goes" with the rest of my product line. I love love love my paraffin, but when your company name translates to "natural beauty"... and all of your other products are natural... I figured I'd best at least make an attempt with the Soy :)

YES there is a difference.I did paraffin when i was a child with my mom.Of course was young then. Went to soy after reading about it and being a cleaner wax. I started using 100% soy wax and things were perfect for me. Med or large wick depending on which jar. Even the fragrances worked. Then the bottom fell out this year and just at craft season and wholesale accounts. A new shipment came in from my supplier and nothing worked.All I can think of manufacturers were changed.Nothing worked after 5 years. Upsetting and now I am changing waxes because of it. Completely a turn around.Tired of all the problems and had to hold one order up. I was not happy. When I changed to the other soy wax things were better. WA LA all was working.

So as I have read wicks(from one company) can be different from another company. It is the different manufacturers they might purchase from. So of course the same for wax. One supplier can be different than the other supplier. So if you buy 444 from one supplier and get it from another it can be a different. Just this wax I used was from the supplier I purchased from for years and suddenly things were different even using some of their FO's.

So starting over this coming year but afraid I lost a couple wholesales and a customer. You just feel stupid.

LynnS

I feel like I'm starting all over too! This last batch of 444 dated 6-27-08 is CRATOR CITY! Check your box, see if that is the date you have. Boy does this lot suck. I have 9 cases left and have been struggling...tried everything! Love the scent throw though, just can't get it to look nice.:mad:

oh my gosh I could have wrote this exact post.....my 444 was dated 7-28-08 and well we have crater city too..... i love 444 for the scent throw but i have to heat gun every single candle.....and I hate it. Got to love soy, if my customers werent so into pure soy candle I would try to mix with paraffin..... hope you did not lose any customers over this!

Tryin to lure me back to the darkside eh? :neener:

If you look into what it takes to make soy wax, you'll see it is just about as natural as paraffin....if you really want to go "natural", go beeswax. :laugh2:

Wouldn't it be easier to educate your customers that paraffin is a natural by-product of a naturally occuring substance? (duck!)

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

I'm in the same boat with C3. Suddenly all that yucky soot has come back and I mean big time. I hate to start over with wicks but don't see an alternative since I hate soot, especially bad soot. Not sure if C3 has been reformulated or just the typical soy changes. I know it's not the wicks because I'm working from same batch for past 2 yrs (yes I bought a ton cuz they were cheap) LOL

I'm also using same fo's from same suppliers so I don't think it's that.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Frustrating.