Look what I made tonight

dcroome2005

I did it .. I did it.. I know the tops of the candles look like crap- but I was just trying to focus on the two different colors. My mind is going blank and cant think of the name we call these. Duh me..

I am sooooooooooo excited .. Now, I gotta try a pillar tomorrow with this :-)

Ok- what are making these dots in the green part?

Christina

post-1870-139458385475_thumb.jpg

post-1870-139458385476_thumb.jpg

hmm i dont know, i do faintly see the white dots. maybe the mold wasnt clean enough around the bottom of it or something? i dont know. maybe someone with another idea will chip in. Sometimes if my molds arnt completely clean..when i used paraffin...they would have some wierd stuff going on lol. Those look really cute though, i like them!

Hey , Thanks everyone.

This is what I did.. I have a tart mold tray ( silicone) that hold up to 12 tarts.. So I took my votive cups and places them on there (tilted). Then I poured ( very slowly) until the wax started getting right near the edge of the mold .. Let it cool.. Then sit the votive molds upright like normal and pour your next color. I had to do the burgundy with 2 pours because of the top layer. There were some that I didnt pour my first layer to the top when tilted just because I didnt want them all looking the same. When its tilted, you really can do just about anything.

I hope this makes sense to you :-) I am not the best with "wording"

Christina