finding a good clove scent

Marion

I'm really new to candlemaking but I'm doing pretty good so far.

I 'm looking for a company who makes great clove FO.The one I ordered doesn't smell like clove at all.The same with the sage,smells more like eucalyptus.

I'm using GB 464.

Thank you Marion:yay:

I think Peak's Red Clove is a nice scent, alone and as a mixer.
I totally agree, try Peak's. I have never been able to wick it though. Maybe you will have better luck.

Peak's sent a Red Clove sample with my last fo order. I hate cloves (long story, bit into one as a child)....it DEFINITELY smells like cloves...yuck!

Do any of you use Scent Works 'Tanzanian Clove'? I fell in love with the scent in candles years ago from Pier 1, and then they discontinued it. I keep threatening to order this and see how good it is, but they haven't had it on sale. They've had others on sale but not that one, but I doubt I'd remember the one from Pier 1 enough to compare to this FO anyway. Does anyone else have a 'Tanz Clove'?

I am like coconut.I have a order for 12 clove candles but need to find a wick.Been testing some and now to the point of frustrations with some wicking problems lately I am trying different waxes.Yes after Almost 5 years things aren't wicking right. I cannot keep wasting my time. I need a solution soon.

I have 12 different wicks and different sizes but going up with the wicks. Seems what the oils, wax and fragrances are needing. Wish I knew the problem.What used to work isn't now.:mad:

LynnS

AT WIX END has a good strong clove(like it even though I am not a fan of clove). Just wish I could find the right wick for the classic jar.:confused: