Candlewic is bad!

I have to admit, I dont remember ever ordering from them, but its very refreshing to see an owner actually come on here and reply. To me that shows respect for us "little" people. I salute you sir.

I absolutely agree with you. The fact that Mr. Binder took the time to come here and address the "little" people's concerns and/or problems shows that as a company they DO care about their customers.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is good to have a thread like this, and for the owner to be pointed to it. Then, it allows them to see the places where they are doing well, and the places where they need improvement. With an employee answering the phone, what if they had no idea about all this stuff going on? Now, they have a chance to work on those things.

I've also used Candlewic for several years and the couple minor problems I had were always handled immediately, usually by Ellyn or Bill. They have always been VERY helpful with any questions I've emailed and freely send samples of wax or wicks for me to try when I've been indecisive. Plus, I haven't found any supplier that can beat their prices for wax, wicks or molds!! I think Bill Binder is a classy guy to come here and address the issues brought up. :cool2:

I am going to order a bunch of 4045H from them tommorrow. My daughter just paid me back some money and I will turn it into wax....LOL ...I know that it is difficult for an owner of a company to post on a forum board. It could work against him....but I think that Bill Binder is very concerned about our buying experience. I like their wax and the price is great! Donita

Really? Can you give a bit more detail as to why you favor CW4045 over IGI1343?
Paraffin is great stuff, I like it all. Each one is as good as how you use it. Hold up a hoop and I'll make 1343 jump through, so I have no problem with it. But I note that many people use 1343 without much in the way of additives, including novices as well as people who like to make candle types such as mottles and frosty cold pours, which don't call for much beyond stearic. 4045 works better because it doesn't soften so much as it warms up and it holds FO better, whereas 1343 has marginal properties for those applications. Used more or less straight it just doesn't make such great pillars. In terms of waxes marketed specifically for candlemaking, and especially paraffins for mottling, IGI doesn't offer anything comparable.

I wondered if that was the case. To me IGI 1343 is such a versatile wax. I can do just about anything with it using the various additives, temp variables, etc. I like flexibility as well as versatility when it comes to paraffin's. When it comes to soy, I want consistency. Still looking for that one. lol

Thanks for answering my question. I was about to start another thread for fear that it was lost in the OP's discussion.:wave:

Okay, one question here. Two people in this thread have mentioned that they buy OK6228 from Candlewic. I used to buy it from them but then it disappeared. Is it still on their website somewhere and I'm an idiot? I only use 6228 and 4045H, and recently had to start buying the OK6228 from another supplier because I couldn't find it on Candlewic's site.

As for service? I buy a ton of my stuff from them. I ordered 9 molds, wick pins and stearic a few days back. Got a shipping confirmation on Monday and got the package on Tuesday. I've occasionally had little things go wrong, but I've had little things go wrong from virtually every supplier, and if you buy from them long enough, eventually they're accidentally going to leave something out, or something is going to get damaged.

After 6 years of candlemaking, virtually every supplier I buy from has made an 'oops', but if they fix it immediately I don't even think about it anymore.

Just my .02

DanaE

Okay, one question here. Two people in this thread have mentioned that they buy OK6228 from Candlewic. I used to buy it from them but then it disappeared. Is it still on their website somewhere and I'm an idiot? I only use 6228 and 4045H, and recently had to start buying the OK6228 from another supplier because I couldn't find it on Candlewic's site.

DanaE

I was wondering the same thing....

I got all excited when I read about the 6228 also. I thought oh good they must of brought it back and I missed it. I went looking and I can't find it. So I was wondering if these people just had left over from when candlewic still sold it? I love the 6228 also.

Hey guys...I was one of those that said I bought 6228 from Candlewic...my bad, I get 4045 and J223 from them...not the 6228. How nice it would be if I could get that at Candlewic too. I can't remember who, but someone told me that you can get 6228 at Nature's Garden...it's their MP 145 wax. What a nice surprise that was since I hate having to pay the astronomical shipping costs from WSP.

I have to agree. I will never but any of their glassware again. The quality of the glassware was terrible. You would think that you would get a decent piece of glass by looking at the pictures but not true. The glass was thin and several cases were damaged or broken by the time they got to me. I would recommend not buying glassware from them. There are several other companies that have much better quality and prices.

I'm glad that you are giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Based on what some wrote here, I just might check them out myself! I do believe that if they were that bad, there are a couple of ppl here on this thread whom I know would have agreed and advised using another supplier. They did't, and in fact, defended the company.

I respect and value their opinions. Based on that, I would be willing to give this company a chance.

I think that Mr. Binder's direct response speaks volumes. The company deserves a second look.

I was wondering the same thing....

I got all excited when I read about the 6228 also. I thought oh good they must of brought it back and I missed it. I went looking and I can't find it. So I was wondering if these people just had left over from when candlewic still sold it? I love the 6228 also.

Oh, and my world comes crashing down! LOL. I was one of the people who said they get the 6228 from Candlewic. What I have is left from when it was on clearance - I REALLY stocked up and forgot that I can't get it anymore. From what I understand, the CBL-141 replaced the 6228.