Work Area

Asher

Not gonna happen lol! Everyone is way cleaner than I am lol! I envy the room you seem to have.

ROFLMAO! Sooo true for me too. I would seriously scare people if they saw my work area/kitchen right now. Bev (Rsvlbrt) stopped by yesterday, I'm sure she'll vouch for the horrible state my home is in.

Hmm...maybe I should take a picture.... :P

Welllllllllll I guarantee that no one has a messier place than me. I just finished a yahoo album a few minutes ago for a friend....really....minutes ago...then read this. While I still have the never to have everyone see my "dirty laundry" I will let you have a peek. I didn't clean up for the pictures. You can just see how bad it gets. I do clean up but it gets back like this in a week. Luckily I have 3 other rooms for storage of candles and equipment. Think it will be time to use one for a working room. When my daughter and her kids move out.....hehehe.....But trust me....I do have a clean living room in the house. I have to come home to an uncluttered pretty room.....that's hard with the kids here and 8 dogs. Now if you don't want to be shocked don't click on this link.....or put on dark glasses.

http://tinyurl.com/8kud2

Now to redeem myself....I actually just went and took some pictures of the house....real time....you can see Young and the Restless on the TV...Michael Baldwin and Scott.....and my dog Liu Liu.

http://tinyurl.com/crqx8

Donita

Here is the link to my work area in the garage. I started in the kitchen and my husband didn't like the mess, so I've been booted out to the garage. Here is how it looks now. Three tables that I use to work from. I'm lucky to have a window. Oh and you can see my two dogs in the picture (beagles). I have 3 dogs actually.

https://webfiles.uci.edu:443/xythoswfs/webui/_xy-2272914_1

Hah! Judy.....your workspace isn't a whole lot better than mine. Do your dogs help you make candles too? I just love it when I find dog hair in my white candles...ick!!!!! Do Beagles shed a lot. I know that some short haired dogs are terrible....I have poms and shih tzu's.....lots of long hair. Donita

hahaha my workspace is much smaller than yours you have a ton of stuff. I actually like being out in the garage. I like having the house clean and the mess somewhere else.

My dogs shed a lot in the summer when it is warmer. They have their beds (which are baskets) in the garage and they are all three laying there asleep right now. it is very cute.

I hope someday my candles will be near as pretty as yours. You have a ton of candles that you've made. How many days a week do you make candles?

Well, you sure aint gona see mine on here! LOL I have been crazy busy, poured over 800 half pint jars in 3 days! We used 2 days to pour and the other day to get them on the stock shelves. Hard to do it when you have a show at a mall 30 miles away, but my kids are helping more and more. None of you all know what messy is, my work area defines the word. If you dont have to crawl over stuff to make candles, I have you beat. Bruce

I'm just jealous that all of you seem to be able to leave your "stuff" out whether you have a separate area, or like Trish said, she had it all over her kitchen. :)

I work in the kitchen also, but I always feel guilty leaving my "stuff" out, and am also afraid of things getting yucky or someone coming in a ruining something or other, and therefore I hurry and do my thing and then hurry and clean up.

I do have what used to be my kitchen table covered in supplies as is my whole dining area, floor to about half way up the wall, around two sides of the table, and even in some of the chairs(and I have high ceilings), and that's there ALL the time. Yikes!

Oh and my hutch which is out in the living room, is my official candle cabinet, I don't think there is ONE thing in there not candle related. :D And it's covered, inside outside, top bottom!

LOL

I'm just gonna LOVE trying to find somewhere for all this stuff when Thanksgiving rolls around, since I'm having it here. :eek:

Seems I can never really get into it ya know, b/c I can't leave it all out. I have a hard time getting started b/c I will think I only have so much time, and it's not worth it to drag all this stuff out, and then have to put it all away right after.

Hence the reason why I don't make very much yet, even after almost a year. :(

Do you have a garage you could use ? That is where I am and really I like it. I've only been making candles for two weeks and after the first few days my husband suggested that I move into the garage (he didn't like the mess in the kitchen) and I was spending a lot of time cleaning it up. We had some old tables and set those up and went from there. It isn't perfect but it is enjoyable. I imagine that I will get more shelving for my candle stuff as time goes on. My house is very neat and I would not like it to have candle stuff piled up in the house. I don't care about it being piled up in the garage.

Welllllllllll I guarantee that no one has a messier place than me. I just finished a yahoo album a few minutes ago for a friend....really....minutes ago...then read this. While I still have the never to have everyone see my "dirty laundry" I will let you have a peek. I didn't clean up for the pictures. You can just see how bad it gets. I do clean up but it gets back like this in a week. Luckily I have 3 other rooms for storage of candles and equipment. Think it will be time to use one for a working room. When my daughter and her kids move out.....hehehe.....But trust me....I do have a clean living room in the house. I have to come home to an uncluttered pretty room.....that's hard with the kids here and 8 dogs. Now if you don't want to be shocked don't click on this link.....or put on dark glasses.

http://tinyurl.com/8kud2

Now to redeem myself....I actually just went and took some pictures of the house....real time....you can see Young and the Restless on the TV...Michael Baldwin and Scott.....and my dog Liu Liu.

http://tinyurl.com/crqx8

Donita

OMG I love your house!!!! especially the lamps and that green sofa!!!!

I loved your work area!!!!!:P I need some of your pour pots!!! LOL

Here's a link from the old board where some of us posted pictures of our work area. Some of you have such neat and organized spaces, unlike me, I just keep moving stuff from one place to another. I'm ashamed :embarasse of my mess, but it really is better now than what is was this thread.

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Member_Photos;action=display;num=1106097174;start

Donita your work studio is my idea of heaven, mess or not. I also have to store my stuff in big containers and move it from place to place to place. Soon I am going to have a whole room inside for my candlemaking and I am so excited about it. It will make candlemaking much more pleasurable not having to unpack and pack up each time and also give me more energy to do more. I guess we all work around what we have available to us and probably all want more than what we've got.:grin2:

Boy, I really have a tiny operation compared to most of you. Mine looks clean because there isn't much production coming out of it. I've got ONE double boiler, 16 votive molds and 3 pillar molds (only one seamless, though).

Okay, here's where I do all my candlemaking.

My DS lives in the finished basement, but he is moving out next year in July. So until I can organise my own "studio", I work in my kitchen......

I keep all my supplies in plastic roll-a-bout's, that way when I want to make candles, I just roll them into the kitchen, and roll them out when I'm done :grin2:

post-1101-139458385372_thumb.jpg

post-1101-139458385375_thumb.jpg

Okay, here's where I do all my candlemaking.

My DS lives in the finished basement, but he is moving out next year in July. So until I can organise my own "studio", I work in my kitchen......

I keep all my supplies in plastic roll-a-bout's, that way when I want to make candles, I just roll them into the kitchen, and roll them out when I'm done :grin2:

Too neat and tidy ;) Actually I love your kitchen!

NOw having read most of the thread. Bruce I'm LMAO!! It's a maze here. Crawl over what? Just push it with my feet and hope nothing clatters to the floor LMAO!!

Donita, woman you've got a lot of space that has nothing in it. Space it was I envy most LOL! So you are definitely cleaner than I am.

Margarita Mama....you are a neat FREAK....how in the world do you do it, I ask???????????? I'll bet you are neat in every room of your house...LOL And Scented.....you do not want to see my basement rooms.......I am going "down there" in a minute to help my daughter with the laundry....that is if I can get to it....then my attic room.....that 's another story....I do have a semi large house, but I have soooooooooo much stuff from all of the things that I make. I really have my own craft store....just about. But I feel like it controls my life. Need to get back to FlyLady.net....she (they) really helped me organize. My bedroom closet has been neat for a year now. Donita