patchouli

reginarn

This on one of those fo's that people either love or hate. It's a combo of smells and earthy is one of them, I prefer the EO. Brings to mind the late 60's when someone was always burning patch incense. ( was great at covering up other smells:grin2: )

OMG I was just going to ask who has the best and its so funny someone posted just before me. I just got an order for it and was going to ask who had the best and strongest one. I see peaks has it, has anyone used this one. This is the first ive even heard of it so havent a clue on what it smells like. I did hear though that it covers up pot smell when someones smoking it,lol. Lin

I guess I'm one that loves it. Its pretty harsh straight but blend it with lemongrass, orange, pine, and lavender and you have an awesome smell. For some reason, guys love it. I wear "LUSH"'s karma perfume and always get compliments. It's a patchouli based perfume and very strong. Again, plain patchouli is definately an aquired taste. So mix it up.

Patchouli is kind of a strong earthy/musky/woody smell. It smells best (IMO) when blended with other oils - otherwise it's a headache waiting to happen! Yankee used to have a Patchouli candle that I loved, but they've discontinued it. You might want to try to find a patchouli/sandalwood/lavender blend or blend your own in a 1:3:3 combination. The other oils will soften and round out the patchouli.

Good luck!

Patchouli ...YUCK! But I sell a lot of it to these Hippie tree huggers here. Patch is a smell that you love or hate. Patch reminds me of licking arm pits....DONT ASK!...lol

I'm asking!! What are you doing licking armpits LMAO!!

Yeah I'm a hippie tree hugger ROFLMAO!

Patch stinks out of the bottle, but when used in the shower it does have a very sexy smell. It is the base of a LOT of perfumes, a great blender, I must say I don't like fragrance oils in Patchouli only essential oil.

I sell a TON of it as well

Wow... BO, Armpits? Sheeesh

Actually....this sounds a little better LOL :

"A pungent, powerful, mossy, musty" fragrance. The viscous, orangey-amber oil is extracted from the leaves of a two to three foot perennial bush with purple-tinged white flowers, native to tropical Asia.

It is without a doubt one of the earthier scents, and is used in so many perfumes as the basenote (for ladies AND gent's fragrances ) Most people do seem to prefer it blended with a lighter topnote and a variety of mid ( or heart ) notes. Mixed with other oils that are also usually used for base or mid notes like amber and sandalwood, it smoothes out the "grit" somewhat and patchouli seems to give the fragrance a solid "stay" power to me.

I am a true lover of patchouli..so much so that I do like it by itself...but there ARE grades of patchouli, and nothing smells worse to me than a "want-to-be". Honestly there are more cheap "bad" patchoulis out there than good, aged ,quality oils. I have yet to find a good one from a Candle supplier and usually purchase mine from herbal stores and/or places that cater to massage therapists.