Paraffin wax Huuuuge increases

Circle

We have just been informed that paraffin wax has gone up again (3rd time this year) apparently the demand for paraffin products has gone through the roof. Our prices have doubled. Looks like the cheap chinese candles will flood the market now and we will have no way of competing.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've been buying wax direct from Clarus for over a year and it seems that I've gotten notices almost once a month since March of price increases.

I don't remember exactly how much it's been, but close to $30/cs more.

I have enough wax to last me a year or so, depending on this holiday season, but I'm not sure I could continue to stay in business a year from now if the prices keep going up this way... :angry2:

I don't know if anyone has ever used EL container blend, but about 2 weeks ago, he said it was less than $70 a bag I think. He did not say that they would be increasing it anytime soon. I use their 100% soy, but I have to add a hardener to it. I bought it for 47.50/bag from waxhouse. There container blend is suppose to be much better, the type I have tends to frost on certain colors.

I've been buying wax direct from Clarus for over a year and it seems that I've gotten notices almost once a month since March of price increases.

I don't remember exactly how much it's been, but close to $30/cs more.

I have enough wax to last me a year or so, depending on this holiday season, but I'm not sure I could continue to stay in business a year from now if the prices keep going up this way... :angry2:

Ditto on that one! I tested a slab and really like it, but just hadn't purchased any. I too have been receiving price increase letters on a rather steady basis....so there goes that wax!

Carrie

#^$^#% #^@*&%(**)( @(&$@*&(*)#@ *)@*()#@()* and !&$()(*#@

*&$@)(*$@ *(*^($)@()_$@

THAT JUST SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!!!

!#&(%$@(*() #@&$&*@(($) #@&*)$*_)$@_).

angry-smiley-8007.gif

THERE TAKE THAT WAX MAN!!

OUCH!

I thought I try to add some info...it won't make anyone happy...but it might make more sense.

Besides the 100% increase on crude oil from over a year ago, two domestic wax refineries announced they were ceasing production by the fall. Citgo and Marathon combined for well over 100 million pounds of waxes produced per year. That is now all gone. The remaining manufacturers cannot take up the slack - yet or maybe ever. Chinese imports are down to due to exchange rate and declining domestic (China) crude supplies. So we have a classic supply/ demand problem. Demand is outstripping supply which is driving up the price. Until this balances out - there will be no relief on paraffin prices.

Now I have seen that soy prices have been steadily dropping all summer. Perhaps that will soon make its way down to the market.

Just trying to keep it real...

Brad

I noticed all the waxes going up. I am looking for something else to make, just in case it gets so high no one will buy them. I have been promoting oil sales, with the warmers. We may have to make smelly jellys. Right now our store is busy. We are in Texas and a lot of people have no lights from the hurricane. So candles are real popular. YEAH! I have been giving them a break. It seems like everyone is price gouging. That is just not right. :angry2:

Be ready for more increases...as long as hurricanes hit the Gulf and jack up oil prices...and soy is no better. I just heard on the news last nite that when Gustav and Ike came thru LA not only did it knock down the sugar cane crops but the soybean fields were flooded and probably killed the crop. There are a LOT of soybean farms in this state.

Be ready for more increases...as long as hurricanes hit the Gulf and jack up oil prices...and soy is no better. I just heard on the news last nite that when Gustav and Ike came thru LA not only did it knock down the sugar cane crops but the soybean fields were flooded and probably killed the crop. There are a LOT of soybean farms in this state.

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what next me hearty