Sangre de Grado

Scented

Also known as Dragon's Blood. Sangre de Grado is a tree that bleeds when it's cut. Can't say I could imitate that tree very well and there are some things I need to relearn me thinks (like sticking cut outs to the wall of a mold correctly.) I know I can't cut shapes out freehand very well either lol.

I did forget how nice this fragrance is though. Now to play with wicking.

[ATTACH]16153[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458449517_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Really pretty, congrats! How did you do it? I havent seen anything like those candles.

It's a cut out stuck to the wall of the mold and some rustic layers to help keep it there along with some creative language and some experiments that worked and didn't work. :embarasse

Thanks!

It's a cut out stuck to the wall of the mold and some rustic layers to help keep it there along with some creative language and some experiments that worked and didn't work. :embarasse

Very unique and creative! Thanks for sharing your tips.:)

Very unique and creative! Thanks for sharing your tips.:)

Only other thing I can tell you is to make sure if you do this that your embed is still warm when you form it on the wall. Mine may have been a little too cool so I had to paint some wax on the front of it and then press. My first layer covered it with a lot of tilting. The thing with pressing something to the wall is to make sure it's all against the wall. I had a few that weren't so I had to fill in some of the holes/dents where the embed didn't cooperate.

Only other thing I can tell you is to make sure if you do this that your embed is still warm when you form it on the wall. Mine may have been a little too cool so I had to paint some wax on the front of it and then press. My first layer covered it with a lot of tilting. The thing with pressing something to the wall is to make sure it's all against the wall. I had a few that weren't so I had to fill in some of the holes/dents where the embed didn't cooperate.

Creative language??? Do I need to ask?? No wait I have a good mental picture of what you might be saying. Those are just absolutely beautiful. Again your talent just simply puts me in awe.

Rockin

Those are just gorgeous! If you heat gun the Embeds lightly you can get them warm enough to bend to the mold. What I've done is put the embed on the outside of a warm mold then sweeping lightly with the heat gun until it got warm enough to bend, then I would stick it inside the mold while warm to get the curve just right. I think I held the heat gun 6-8 inches away from the embed so it didnt melt.

Those are just beautiful! I love Dragon's Blood too...always has been one of my favorite scents.

I got to where I had to hold them and then heat it to be more pliable. Broke a few, said a few words, broke a few more and growled. They started to work a little better, but still fell off so I had to brush some wax on to make 'em stay. Course I was doing a few at a time because I figured one of the six had to work out.