Off smell when using TKB neons?

Scent Cellar

Has anyone noticed an odd off smell in fresh soap when using the neons? My oils are all under 3 months old and I was besides myself as I cut a fresh batch of soap using an f/o that I have soaped before with great results. The off smell is slowly disappearing but I don't know if it will disapperar entirely. I have sniffed every oil I used at least 3 times & finally sniffed the bag the neons are in and it's definately the smell of the neons. The neons are such fun colors but I am going back to oxides & ultramarines.

• 7 months later...
I know about the off smell (putting it nicely lol), but since it went away, and it seemed to only be the hot pink, I kept using them.

I'm glad I read this. I just started CPing and my third soap batch used this hot pink neon. I noticed the smell of old bicycle innertube. At first I thought it was just the gloves I was wearing.

Tony

As long as you don't use Peak's Pink Sugar... Then it is a pretty pumpkin. My pink swirl is now sweet potato casserole.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Hey wait, I thought Peak's Pink Sugar didn't discolor? Or maybe that was someone else's that didn't discolor. At this point who knows.... I'm lucky I know my own name today :laugh2:

I just got a shipment of all the colors. Now I'm nervous. I'm really sensitive to odd smells. Does this happen to them with MP or only CP?

I recently got an order of Alkanet for coloring naturally, but wow that stuff stinks. I haven't used it cuz I'm worried it will leave a stink behind.

That's funny:laugh2:

Here I was just wanting to get bright colors that don't fade. Not even considering they would have a bad smell. Lucky for TKB I didn't see this post before putting my order in.