First Rustic

JudyN

Hi All - here is my first rustic that turned out. I made one with a water bath and it looked mottled but not rustic. I think this one looks good but would like your opinion. I now need to move on and do ones with multiple colors. Thanks for all your help with my questions. This site has helped me tremendously.

See if you can see this picture from this link. https://webfiles.uci.edu/jnagaoka/candles/DSC00499.JPG?uniq=-8xvmxf

Was it suppose to have mottling too?
You're asking us? :)

You can make it any way you like. It's not unusual for people to make rustics with some mottling on them, but if you want to try a slightly different look you can put in an extra helping of stearic acid. That will suppress the mottling, increase the opacity of the wax and brighten the color, and perhaps make it look a bit frostier. Might improve the burn too.

I love it. I love when a pillar mottles and rustics at the same time. It's just a neat effect. I can get the same effect by using Gloss Poly C-15 and pouring around 165 (with 3 tablespoons of stearic per lb of wax). I don't know why it happens, but it looks cool.

DanaE

Again I must say......art in subjective. (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder)......It's a pretty candle. Period. Doesn't matter where it was going, it went somewhere very nice. HeHeHe....Keep it up and there IS NO LAW about how a candle is supposed to look. (I made that one up)...LOL Donita