Vista print scam....be careful

For those of us who use Vista Print...be careful of what you're buying. WE ordered business cards from them 3 months ago. Since then we have found charges of $14.95 per month on our credit cards. Apparently VP signed us up for some Business Max company thing....without our permission of course....and now we have found these charges. We are in the process of getting this sorted out with our bank, and Vista Print....however it will be a long day in hell before I decide to do business with them again! WARNING....check your bank statements!!!! If you do get a suspicious charge it will come through as AP9 Businessmax It's a scam!

Thanks for the heads up..

I just ordered a bunch of "free" sample products from them.

Cards, hats, magnets etc..

I will let you know if I get the extra "free" charge on my cc!!

Keep us posted and let us know how they handle this.

I waned to get my cards from them, but not if this is going to be a problem..

Oh, geez. I've ordered from VistaPrint a couple of times - better check to see if any mystery charges have showed up. :( That sucks, because I really have been happy with what I've ordered, and now I'll be looking elsewhere.

And as if the first link wasn't enough:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/vistaprint.html

I'm going to cancel my debit card and get a new one issued. Hassle, sure. But better than taking a chance on this.

I've used Visa Print for 5 yrs and have never had a problem. I get my business cards, brochures, advertisting post cards, open house invitations and even have ordered for other people and have never had a problem. Knock on wood! LOL

Hopefully it all works out for you.

Karen

I've been getting cards from them for several years as well and never had a problem.

If you don't read carefully you can end up in one of those business max things by your own doing not by VP. They give you the link to get $ off, but when you follow the link you sign up for something not associated with VP. Kind of like doing the free Xbox just join 15 things for a couple of months.

UPDATE: I managed to get a hold of AP9 Business Max myself by calling 1-888-840-6296, and talked to a customer service rep. They agreed to cancel my "so-called" membership and refund 3 months of payments to my account. We'll keep you updated on this to see if it actually happens or not. However, I'm still going to call Vista Print on Monday and let them know exactly how I feel. After all the business I've given them and this is how they treat me? I'll definitely reconsider ordering from them again.

Oh, geez. I've ordered from VistaPrint a couple of times - better check to see if any mystery charges have showed up. :( That sucks, because I really have been happy with what I've ordered, and now I'll be looking elsewhere.

And as if the first link wasn't enough:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/vistaprint.html

I'm going to cancel my debit card and get a new one issued. Hassle, sure. But better than taking a chance on this.

If you check out the top of this page, vistaprint has an ad. How messed up is that??????

After you place your order, do not take advantage of their $10 rewards program. That's what is happening. You think you're getting $10.00 off of something, but in the fine print, it signs you up for something.

After you place your order, do not take advantage of their $10 rewards program. That's what is happening. You think you're getting $10.00 off of something, but in the fine print, it signs you up for something.

That is very sneaky IMO..

I would rather have a company be upfront with me than find out later that

I did not read the fine print!!

They will PO more people doing business that way.. as the links above show..

I've never done that, so perhaps I'm OK. Still, I'll be double-checking everything.

I've used Visa Print for 5 yrs and have never had a problem. I get my business cards, brochures, advertisting post cards, open house invitations and even have ordered for other people and have never had a problem. Knock on wood! LOL
It's great that you managed to avoid the scam, but obviously their business ethics are downright BAD. I myself wouldn't support them with ANY business in any way.

I've ordered from Vista Print and had no problem. I know how most online shops are spiked with the checkboxes, you really have to read every little detail now. Another solution and one I use often, My credit card offers a virtual CC number, so my actual information is never known. The virtual CC number, is a valid Visa number, and it only authorized to a certain amount which I put at $1 over my purchase, and valid for only 2 months. So if any other charges try to get put on the card it declines them.

I use this anytime I order from an online or phone store that I may have reservations about their honesty.

So check with your CC company (usually online) and see if they offer this service. It really saves you from pulling out your hair

Artcwolf.....No...I've never signed up (nor ever would) with anything like this on my own doing....I know it came from VP because I was able to track it back to them.

Hmmm, now that is odd.

what i was talking about is what CSAS is talking about with the $10 off. it's been a while since i bought anything from them so i forgot what the deal was.

I just ordered tons of stuff from them and I haven't seen a hidden charge yet, and I hope not to as well or I won't be a happy camper. I do know that when you place an order that they do ask for you sign up for several other things and I have seen the smaller print on some things and I've decided to decline due to that smaller print but if they are charging you without your say so, that is totally wrong.

I have ordered from Vista Print at least a dozen times, no issues.

The dilemma with these types of "freebie" sites is those extra little boxes and offers they entice you to click on. You must read the fine print. Magazine companies used to pull this nonsense all the time. An educated consumer is the best logical approach to any site offering a product for "free", IMO.

The only thing "free" in life is taxation and death. LMAO! ;)

I ordered from VistaPrint once before a few years ago, and never had any problems. I assume they just didn't have the program back then...

When I completed a recent order, I didn't really think twice about entering my email for the $10 rebate. I truly thought it was just a rebate until I hit enter and realized it signed me up for their rewards program. I can't believe that just entering your email gives them authorization to charge your CC. I didn't actually get charged, just enrolled in a free 30 day trial, but still... That's just plain shady and underhanded.

Luckily, they had sent me an email about my "rewards" benefits, and it had a membership number and a phone number to call and cancel. I cancelled immediately, but now I'm worried about the other charges I've read about. Like the Passport for fun and Shopping Essentials.

I can't believe the BBB hasn't done something about this! I will never ever order from VP again. I had planned a few more future purchases, but not after reading those links you guys posted. I'm just glad that I didn't use my bank card for this, since I'd get a $32 overdraft charge if they tried to use it.

I'm not sure how unethical the rewards programs they offer are. You do however have to follow the guidelines or you will be charged. I believe many companies offer similar rewards programs, I have personally signed up for at least 3 "free" trials and a 30.00 cash rebate with Vista Print in the past and have had no problems. The "problems" arise when you fail to follow the directions and cancel your "trial" within the 30 days. The offers clearly state if you do not cancel by calling the toll free number you will remain a member after your trial and be charged your monthly fee. If I do choose to get a "rebate" I always read the small print-you don't get nuth'in for nuth'in and we all know this. The small print tells you why it's not for nuth'in. Follow the directions and most of the time you are OK. Sometimes the small print lets you know it's not worth the hassel for 10.00. A recent ebay purchase offered a nice shipping rebate , but when I read about it, it seemed troublesome & scammy, so I passed on it. I do lots of things like this and only rarely do I have a problem. Actually the only problem I remember was Scholastic Book service charging for books after I canceled and returned a shipment of my kids books. When I sign up for anything at all I make a post it note with all applicable info and cancel by date and stick on my PC, that and my cell phone keep the charges from showing up on the CC. Hey I love the virtual CC # though-that sounds great!!!

HTH,

Glo

PS, I have loved everything I have ordered from Vista Print in the last 2 years-I don't love the constat spam emails though. And they continue to say you can try free products but once you have sampled an item for free they charge you even if they send you a "freebie" offer. At least in my experience. My DD ordered from them too with nice results. Personalized T shirts for MOMMY!!!

I'm not sure how unethical the rewards programs they offer are.

Oh I don't think the rewards program are unethical - I think the fact that the "small print" is purposely hard to find/read/whatever is the unethical part.

I want to make it clear to everyone reading this thread, that we have done tons of business with VP ourselves...and are very pleased with those purchases. We don't want to discourage anyone from using their services....but just be careful that you check your statements to make sure no other fees have been added without your permission. We'll make sure to give you all an update on whether satisfaction was met upon calling AP9 Business Max or not. For those who may have NOT read any of the links associated with members' responses to this thread, I encourage you to do so, from an information standpoint.