I put glitter in/on my candles today, they is sooo purdy!!

I finally got some pink sugar FO (thank you Trish!! ;) ) and since I have a few other FO's that I color various shades of pink, I really wanted to do something different with this FO, and it's such a "girly girl" smell that I thought the glitter would give it a sweet/girly touch.

I put a 1/4 t. in one pound of wax when it was really cool, hoping that it would stay suspended, and it did OK, not that great, but you can kind of see it through the wax, not the effect I was really looking for but oh well.

So, then I dusted the tops of them with the glitter and they're just sooo pretty! I can't wait to test them, I hope the glitter doesn't effect the burn. ???

We'll see I guess. ;)

There is so much glitter in my studio and house that you can't see the candles....LOL.....I've never had any problem with burning them. I have been doing "glitter" candles all day......it's all over me too.....I think it makes me look younger....hehehe.... Donita

There is so much glitter in my studio and house that you can't see the candles....LOL.....I've never had any problem with burning them. I have been doing "glitter" candles all day......it's all over me too.....I think it makes me look younger....hehehe.... Donita

Yep, this ultra fine glitter get EVERYWHERE!! :eek: It just gets airborne while using it! I had it all over me too yesterday, and all over the counters and floor (well I actually spilled about a 1/3 of the bag on the floor like a dork! :rolleyes: )

Ok, still haven't taken pics yet, but I'll try! ;)

Oh and I did the candles pale pink, trying to come up with a different "pink" since I have about 3 or 4 other scents that I do in various shades of pink.

It looks purdy!! :D

Today 09:56 AMwvcandleguythose look pretty cool... im not a big pink fan, but they do look great :grin2:

LOL, you may not be a big fan of pink, but it's kinda hard to color "pink sugar" any other color dontcha think? ;) LOL

Thanks for the compliments everyone!! :)

We need to do a glitter coop

Now that's an idea!! I love my glitter! So do my customers. They open their jars and ooh and ahh ... they are so surprised to see their candles are sprinkled with "angel dust." (My logo is a prim angel so I call it angel dust). ;)

Those are so cute. I got some small embeds in today that I am going to use w/ my candy corn, hot cocoa, and cinnamon bun. They are tiny and I am going to put them on the top of my container candles. I was just thinking this morning how cute some glitter would be on the angel wings.

That's a great idea for the pink sugar also. Didn't think of that.

Do y'all use the glitter like u can buy at wally world in the craft section?

That pink is so purdy!!!!.Glitter too.I bet other colors for the holidays would be great.When I was young my mom,sisters and I made candles.We made them out of milk cartons.Looked like pillars and then we drizzled wax down to make it look like snow.after that was the glitter in different colors for Christmas.Very pretty.So now you know it was a long time ago.

See how far candlemaking has come.And there will be more for us to learn through the years.

LynnS