Bert's and soap

I think those were scents that she bought at a special buy.

Some are Body Safe and some not..

If you have her Blackraspberry Vanilla..it really rocks in CP.

It is from her regular line.

It soaps very nice..it turns a med. carmel color..light enough that

you can still swirl...I use a raspberry color to swirl and it looks nice...I have a bar that is 7 months old, and still smells very strong..It is a lovely smell...

Most of her oils that say "candles only" is not because they are not soap safe, she just couldn't get the info for body safeness (is that a word?) from the manufacturer. I was told that they very well could be, it's just a matter of testing them yourself.

ETA: That's probably why she is not carrying them in her regular line

Most of her oils that say "candles only" is not because they are not soap safe, she just couldn't get the info for body safeness (is that a word?) from the manufacturer. I was told that they very well could be, it's just a matter of testing them yourself.

ETA: That's probably why she is not carrying them in her regular line

How does a person go about testing FO's for body safe?

I got some of Bert's $5 16oz scents. I would think that most of them could be used for soap. ANy ideas. The scents are

Rosemary Verbena

Blue Vanilla

Figgy Pear

Calming Blend

Peach Cobbler

Oh Man Bummer!!!! :shocked2: I just received the Rosemary Verbena, Calming Blend, Moonshadows & Black Raspberry Vanilla. I was soooooooo excited about soaping these. I also would like to know how you test for skin safeness.

I know that a wash off product is different than a stay on product. Some products that are not considered body safe(a stay on the body product per say) are skin safe in a wash off product. I hope I'm making sense.

Well I put a little of the rosemary verbena and rubbed it on my arm. It's been about an hour. So far I don't notice any problems with such as itching, turning red or breaking out. Don't know if this is a good way to test or not. ROFLMAO

I was told that they very well could be, it's just a matter of testing them yourself.

absolutely NOT a matter of testing for yourself. Some chemicals may not show their toxicity or irritancy - most won't be obvious at all.

Fragrance manufacturers follow very strict guidelines about what chemicals they can use and at what levels to make an FO which is skin safe (either for wash off or for leave on products).

The wrong chemicals could be internally toxic, could irritate, could cause sensitivities...

Don't make any assumptions, either, that it seems ok to you -

absolutely NOT a matter of testing for yourself. Some chemicals may not show their toxicity or irritancy - most won't be obvious at all.

Fragrance manufacturers follow very strict guidelines about what chemicals they can use and at what levels to make an FO which is skin safe (either for wash off or for leave on products).

The wrong chemicals could be internally toxic, could irritate, could cause sensitivities...

Don't make any assumptions, either, that it seems ok to you -

I was not making assumptions, I was just saying what I was told. I'm not saying it's ok to me, and I'm not saying it's not.

There are people (I'm just saying what she told me) that have used the tea leaf and grapefruit (which is listed as candle only) for CP.

Dangit dangit!!! I just threw away the email that bert sent me too, but that is exactly what she said to me. That she didn't have that information and to thin the FO out with oo and test it on an inconspicuous spot on my skin to test for irritancy. I didn't even think about toxcicity and such! Well I'm gonna have to toss some soaps! Bummer!