Deal at Walmart

Really, I was just there buying some of their, Lou Anne's coconut oil, (which I didnt know until recently, they carried:rolleyes2), and I saw that big bag, but I didnt see that price! I just got the 4lb. to try it out.

That is a good deal. My problem is I can't stand the smell of lard. I can't get past the smell, all I smell is bacon or ham.

Really, ....I smelled my 4lbs I bought the other day, and I definitely cant smell any of that!:shocked2: I've never soaped with it, but I know some soapers can be a bit neg., when it comes to animal fats in general. So I was a lil apprehensive about trying it. Guess I'll find out the pros and cons for myself.:tiptoe:

I like my lard soaps. Its not much of an issue out here, but this an AG town. We do have a few ppl that do only veggie, but they tend to be from the urban Yankee or So Cali areas.

I take whichever bar I grab before I hop in the shower.

I know what piggy smells like and never got any kind of whiff from lard, either i'm not getting it or my nose is dead for that kind of faint smell from stickin it in FO bottles

• 2 weeks later...

Was this a markdown deal on lard? OR is it their "everyday low price"? I haven't ever used lard...well, actually, I made one batch of soap, with lard from the discount store (I got it for .50 a pound) My mom didn't like the "odd smell" of my unscented EVOO soap...so just for giggles I made a soap with lard and lye. It was crumbly...It took forever to trace, but I figured I could use it for laundry soap...oh, I think I zero SF'd it too, come to think of it because not only did my mom not like the smell of EVOO soap, she didn't like how it made your hands feel like there was something on them...! WTH? LOL...After listening to my mom tell me how she hated lye soap (because she grew up using it back 70 years ago) I figured if she tried mine she'd like it...but after her comments, I figured maybe she actually DID like that old lard soap! LOL. Anyway, those of you who use lard, do you just use it for a percent with other oils? Also, does it make your soap white? Thanks!