Home Party

Shani

I have a home party sch for Nov 26-my first REAL one - with people I don't know. My question is for those of you that do home parties, do you find that games go well with the crowd? Any more suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Well a neighbor of mine did a home party for me last year and these woman want me to do another one which i have planned in a couple weeks. I was pretty nervouse the first time but they just loved everything and i made over $500.00 in two hours. Yes we played games and they won a nice candle for the winner. I also let everyone choose two votives as little gifts and they were so happy. The games are fun and it breaks the ice sort of speaking before they buy. I wasnt able to get any bookings from it though last year but hoping i can this year. Good luck and hope you do great. Lin

Guest EMercier

I do a few ones. I create my own candle word find and the first one finished and it's correct gets a prize. I do my talking and throughout I call numbers (ones I put on the package I put together and give to people). I had to make sure I did random numbers and that I wrote them down. One time I called numbers no one had. I also do name that scent and whoever gets it, can keep the candle. I did Chanel No.5 and no one got it so I had them guess a number. I know there is a website that has more info on games. Also, you can put a piece of tape or something under a chair and they get something. Just a few ideas. I did the word search on Discovery Kids website. You just pick how large and how many words and it creates it for you.

I attended a home party last weekend and we played one game. The rep. read a story that included the words "left" and "right" in it. As she read the story, each time the word "left" or "right" was read, we had to pass the prize to the person to our left or to our right. At the end of the story, the person left holding the prize got to keep it.

every party that I have had - I planned on doing a game - but as soon as they came in and started smelling candles - that was it. I never even get up and talk about my candles - they just walk in the door run to the setup and start smelling and stashing the ones they want. After they buy what they want - they start eating and visiting.

I attended a home party last weekend and we played one game. The rep. read a story that included the words "left" and "right" in it. As she read the story, each time the word "left" or "right" was read, we had to pass the prize to the person to our left or to our right. At the end of the story, the person left holding the prize got to keep it.

I love playing this at my parties, the guest get a kick out of it.

Thanks for the suggestions! They all sound like so much fun! I think I'm going to go with taping a piece of paper under the chair or something along those lines. I get the impression that some of the women may not want to do an "involved" type of game-so I'll go with a game that they won't know they're playing!:grin2:

• 6 years later...

No games, hate them!! I bring a new FO votive for everyone there and the hostess gets a large candle in her choice of FO's and 10% of the total sales in product. For every party that books that day, the hostess gets an additional $15.00 in product. I've been doing it this way for many years and everyone leaves happy!! :cool2:

ChrisR, did you give the hostess the booking credit the day of her party or wait until the booked party was held?

No games, hate them!! I bring a new FO votive for everyone there and the hostess gets a large candle in her choice of FO's and 10% of the total sales in product. For every party that books that day, the hostess gets an additional $15.00 in product. I've been doing it this way for many years and everyone leaves happy!! :cool2:

So what happens at these parties if there are no games? I've never done one or been to one btw. I'm curious as to the party procedure? Do people arrive and you have your candles set up like at a craft show? You talk to people casually about your products and then people buy things? Then Chit chat and eat and drink?

If you have time could you explain exactly what happens or maybe recall one of your past parties. Thanks for any insight! :-)

Hi Paul!

I have did quite a few home parties. Most of the girls all like playing the games cause they know they can win free candles, melts or room spritz. I'm not one for talking in from of people, I wish I could cause I think most people would like to know about us chandlers..ya know, like most parties are not actual product that is hand made. I love talking one on one but put in front of people and I freak out. Usually when the guests get there, they will talk for a few minutes with the host and then they are all up by the display just sniffin like crazy! When they finally decide, they will get their stuff all paid for and then it' time for em to dive into the desserts! I think that is everyone's favorite part! I think I mentioned here that I give my hostesses one free 16oz, 8oz, room spritz and tart. They get 10% of their sales free in product. I like to do basket parties too!

Hi Paul!

I have did quite a few home parties. Most of the girls all like playing the games cause they know they can win free candles, melts or room spritz. I'm not one for talking in from of people, I wish I could cause I think most people would like to know about us chandlers..ya know, like most parties are not actual product that is hand made. I love talking one on one but put in front of people and I freak out. Usually when the guests get there, they will talk for a few minutes with the host and then they are all up by the display just sniffin like crazy! When they finally decide, they will get their stuff all paid for and then it' time for em to dive into the desserts! I think that is everyone's favorite part! I think I mentioned here that I give my hostesses one free 16oz, 8oz, room spritz and tart. They get 10% of their sales free in product. I like to do basket parties too!

Thank you!