Anyone seen brown frosted jars?

Excuse this post if I have posted in the wrong area...It looked like it was the general area I should go to...If its wrong just let me know and I'll move it...thanks.

Ok I've seen a few retail sites that sell candles in gorgeous brown frosted jars..I've looked everywhere and typed in in search areas of the net looking for a supplier that offers them - no luck!

Has anyone seen a site or can suggest where I go to? Thanks.

Trappeur

I've been researching frosting of my candle jars and have found that Fairway glass can have any of their jars or even your jar frosted. They contract a company in Georgia to do the frosting. Hundreds of companies have jars special made for them, and I think this is just one of them.

HTH!

Carrie

Hi Judy!!

I don't think I'll be etching anything! lol...But I'm going to Specialty bottle and check it out....Thankyou Judi!

Carrie, I'll check out Fairway also...I've seen their site and its really great but I think you have to order "PALLETS"......not sure, but I think so.....That would be great though, because I'm in Georgia......I'm going to send them an email and see how much you have to order and see what the $$$is...Thanks!

Trapp

I actually use frosted glass, but it is real hard to find anymore. My supplier quit carrying them....grrrrrr. Someone here posted that you can buy rust-oleum frosted glass (or something like that) and frost your own. Seemed to be a pretty useful product. I'm going to try some. I don't know that it comes in brown though. Sorry

• 2 weeks later...
I actually use frosted glass, but it is real hard to find anymore. My supplier quit carrying them....grrrrrr. Someone here posted that you can buy rust-oleum frosted glass (or something like that) and frost your own. Seemed to be a pretty useful product. I'm going to try some. I don't know that it comes in brown though. Sorry

This stuff is really awesome. I haven't used it for candle jars, but I know if you make a mistake you can just scratch it off with a razor blade.

I did some etching on the glass frames on my back and front doors - fern leaves - and it's held up well - a couple of years - in moisture and heat.

I checked out those jars and very nice! I've been looking for brown frosted jars! LOL They are similar to AH Room Tumbler. Unfortunately, Candle Cocoon do not carry the lids...so I've put in a request to AH for that info.

Unless, someone knows who carries those types of lids? I've seen them, but cannot recall.

Thanks!

Carrie

Could you just use the dust covers? Just a thought for ya!

Kimmeroo

I didn't think about that! Great idea! General Wax carries them. I think I have a few, so I'll see if they would fit. The Brown Tumblers that Candlecocoon has are 2-1/2" wide by 3-1/2" tall.

Thanks!

Carrie

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I ordered the dust covers from C&S for these frosted jars and they are a smidgen too small. Drats! Plus they are cheap cheap!!! Will not do this jar justice at all. Needs a higher quality dust cover.

Anyway, anyone have any other ideas? Shrink wrap the whole jar? Leave open? I just know these jars would sell in my area....country, rustic, and people around here just love brown anything! But then, we are all cow and horse people....and you know what we're use to lookin at in the pastures! lol

The jar is 2-5/8" wide at the rim by 3-5/8" tall. Actually the width is a smidgen over 2-5/8" but I can't see the exact overage with my old eyes! LOL

Carrie

Comments?

You can get those lids from Yes Supply:

http://www.yessupplyco.com/products/studio_capri_madison_jars.htm

They come in silver or gold and are the lids for their Madison Jars. I have some of them for my tumblers and it really makes a good looking jar.

WSP has the plastic lids that fit tumblers also. They look much nicer than those from candlesandsupplies.

Candlelady,

How about printing some real heavy card stock, cutting them in circles to fit snug down inside the top of the candle.

You could use the plastic lids from candles & Supplies ,cut the fancy paper they use in scrapbooking to place on top of them to add color and style.

You could spray paint the plastic lids too.

Oh yah, you could have your husband hand carve lids out of that tree you been wanting to cut down (LOL).

That's about all my cheap mind can think of right now.

Thanks Louie!

The little card stock insert would work huh? Kinda like the little ice cream cups with the tab on the lid....cute!:highfive:

I've emailed several suppliers with my dilemma, but no one has responded yet.

Good ideas though....

Tree idea.....cute! I'll have to mention that to him! LOL:laugh2:

• 1 month later...

OK, I found the lids that fit these darn jars! Yes, I've been searching since this post first started. Bought the jars, and got every plastic dust cover you can imagine...and I found these lids.

Fillmore Container has them in a brushed nickel. Just got my 1 sample lid in today and they fit perfect and OM! it is such a cute jar!

See!

post-5219-1394584482_thumb.jpg