Favorite brand of Laser Printer?

Carla257

As much as I want to say they are good... I need to speak from an economical standpoint. We have a Dell Photo 5 in 1. It works great, but our problem is ink. That being said... we typically print off one hard copy, then take it to Staples or Office Depot for reprints. It is about 50% cheaper that way, especially if you are printing in large volume.

If you want something for everyday use... ink jets are your best bet $$ wise. Refills for ink are as cheap as $10 each at Walgreens.

If you are definitely going for a laser, check out Xerox or Samsung. Canon and Epson also have nice models.

I have a Dell 3110 that I bought about 18 months ago. I actually bought it from Sams online cheaper than Dell had it at the time, I think it was around $350. I Love it. Have had no problems. Came with a good supply ink (toner cartridges) that I haven't had to replace yet.

I have an OKI C5150 that I bought at several years ago and we love it. At the time it was around $700, but I am sure that it has dropped in price by now.

:tiptoe: Your best bet is to go to several different stores and try them out. I wanted a printer with high quality that didn't take forever to print.

Good Luck,

Kim

here's my list of printer preference from a PC Tech side

HP - best at my office

Brothers - great printer

Epson - do they make laser printers?

Lexmark - RUN do not walk,RUN away. They are junk, why my boss keeps buying them is beyond me..oh i know why, they are cheap.

I love my Samsung, I bought it, a full set of replacement toner for each color and black, and a couple packages of labels and spent less than 500$ that day.

I've had it since late January and print practically EVERYTHING on it, and still haven't had to replace any of my toners. Just have to remember to switch my paper type if I'm going to print on card stock.

I have an OKI C5150 that I bought at several years ago and we love it. At the time it was around $700, but I am sure that it has dropped in price by now.

:tiptoe: Your best bet is to go to several different stores and try them out. I wanted a printer with high quality that didn't take forever to print.

Good Luck,

Kim

I have the OKI 5150 also. Purchased a couple of years ago for $350 after rebates. I absolutely love it.

I have a Oki 5200 and love, love love it! It does have a higher price per page for consumables, though, but IMO it's well worth it. The quality is fantastic. I've done side by side comparison with other laser printers, and with printing from some local and online professional digital printers, and it's right up there with the best.

When you're comparing prices though- find out how much toner replacements are, and how many pages print per cartridge. Also what other consumables are needed- drums, fuser, etc,; how much they are; and how often they need to be replaced. Lastly, figure out what you want to print- some like the Okis are not compatible with clear labels and transparencies. The fuser runs too hot and will melt them.

Good luck!! :D

Konica Minolta is the best one I have used yet and you can get the toner really cheap online. I had lexmark and it was almost cheaper to just buy the printer over again then to replace the toner. It seemed every other week something weird happend with the software too, somedays the computer would print giberish then the next not at all. I had to constantly uninstall and reinstall the software so in the trash it went.

I bought the page pro 1350w at office max for $180.00. I just bought monotone this time around because I only need it for office use.

mystical angel made a good point, some of the printers come with the toner 25% full so expect to drop another $600.00 in toner for 4 colors.

here's my list of printer preference from a PC Tech side

HP - best at my office

Brothers - great printer

Epson - do they make laser printers?

Lexmark - RUN do not walk,RUN away. They are junk, why my boss keeps buying them is beyond me..oh i know why, they are cheap.

From another PC Tech- DITTO, DITTO, DITTO! The advantage to HP is that if it breaks, you can get support. I have had to dispose of other brands because it cost more to get it to a repair tech than to buy a new printer.