Backwoods fragrances

:shocked2: Well when Connie added her new F.O.'s in Feb. I had to go and buy them all. Who could pick just 1 or 2 LOL. Ive always had the best luck with her F.O.'s not to mention, the best customer service :D So I figured Id post some results.

All have been poured with 100% soy, 8 oz jelly jar, and 1 oz per lb.

Tangerine Dream: I used a CD 8 and had a complete mp. Its a lighter scent but you can definitely smell the tangerine. I love that its not overpowering because to me it smells like the real thing!

Hummingbird: I had o wick up a bit (CD 10) but OMG this was such a great scent very strong ht, could probably cut back on the f.o. My entire family loves it, and of course it soaped wonderfully :D

Rosewood Valley: This is a very beautiful scent. I think this is going to be in the soap pot soon LOL. Used a CD 8 and my house was filled in like a half hr. You can smell the floral but at the same time the sandalwood its a perfect combo and neither one is over powering the other!

Watermelon Margarita: WOW! Definitely smell the watermelon but with a margarita twist. This was great with a CD8 great throw, great scent....what can I say it filled the house! And made a great salt bar :)

Buttery Croissant: OMG! This smells like I just made fresh croissants. You can smell the flaky crust with a slight hint of butter. This is not just a butter scent. Its perfect! SUPER STRONG ht with a CD 8 and you could probably cut back on this one too!:drool:

Strawberry Jam: It was so hard for me not to eat this ! LOL You can smell those sweet strawberries :drool: Had to use a CD 10 on this one, but this is one great scent! With a fantastic throw!

Now I get to start testing my other f.o.'s I just got in the mail last night LOL I apologize if these aren't the best reviews, these are my first ones posted on here. I just can't help how impressed I have been with her f.o.'s. I haven't had on fail! :shocked2: I know she plans on adding a few more soon so I better start saving since I always go overboard LOL

Thanks for listening LOL

Samantha

I love her oils and she is so sweet.

I have had a customer practically threaten me if I quit carrying the pumpkin cornbread. (Had to explain that I use it in the fall and it will be back again! LOL)

I use her honey gingerbread all year round in soap and candles. Its fab!

Will have to give the new ones a try soon. The hummingbird sounds intriguing.

I am test burning a pillar with Hummingbird right now! I poured it last weekend, but I put off burning it because I've been sick and didn't feel I could properly evaluate the scent throw.

I had no problems wicking this fo, and I've gotten a really great burn with it. The scent throw is very nice. I can't wait to put this in a batch of soap!

I love her oils and she is so sweet.

I have had a customer practically threaten me if I quit carrying the pumpkin cornbread. (Had to explain that I use it in the fall and it will be back again! LOL)

I use her honey gingerbread all year round in soap and candles. Its fab!

Will have to give the new ones a try soon. The hummingbird sounds intriguing.

LOL I know thats why I carry them both year round :D

Now I get to test breeze in the keys, pear vanilla, mac apple, huckleberry blues, woodland breeze, cashmere & pearls, amber moon, blackberry patch and cucumber mint. I cant help it LOL

Samantha-- what soy do you use? I use CB135 and am thinking the Watermelon Margarita and Buttery Croissants would work in my wax. The WM sounds like a good summery type fragrance.

BTW-- I use the Black Irish, Cashmere and Pearls, and Rice Flower and Shea in my M&P soap and they are fabulous!!

She was an attending supplier last year at the Midwest Gathering,and I pretty much spent all my "stash cash" at her table !

huckleberry blues,pumpkin cornbread,granny's pumpkin, hazelnut coffee, and sugar maple.

the sugar maple smells like old fashioned maple sugar candy -it's deelish !:drool:

all of Connie's stuff that I've used so far has become best sellers for me. I am so glad that she will be a part of the Lights & Lather gathering in PA. I'm putting money back now :cool2:

Oh gosh, now I've gotta try the pumpkin cornbread! That actually sounds really good right now. It's still cold in our area and sounds perfect to light it up.

I got a couple of oils from her recently (red currant/thyme and black irish) and they were both great!

Connie is awesome, helpful and goes out of her way to help. I love the fragrances I have been testing. I have a lot and haven't gotten to them all yet.

I use KY125 and so far every FO of Connie's I have tried throws really well in it. The Bayleaf & Pepper is awesome, Amazon teakwood is another great one....

So far, Tangerine Dreams, Watermelon margarita, rosewood valley, cucumber mint, pink pepperberry and orange chocolate truffle are wonderful fragrances.

I have a bunch more to go through.

Tracey

I just tested their Huckleberry Blues. It's a straight blueberry scent. Great cold and hot throws.

Best of all, they delivered it straight to my house. WOO HOO! Helps having a supplier right down the road.:drool:

I am so jealous that you live so close to BW!

Now I have to try the Huckleberry Blues too. I have been testing out different Blueberry FOs and can't find one I love that smells like blueberries and throws strong in soy!

Hi Candebee,

Pumpkin cornbread sounds very interesting...What is the address of Backwoods?

Thanks,

Trappeur

I hope you at least try a sample of this. Its a great fall scent.

BTW-- my customer asked me about the PC candles again just today and ordered more for her antique shop. She is in love with this fragrance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does the 'Pumpkin Cornbread' really smell like cornbread? Or like any other pumpkin bread/souffle/pie scents? What's the difference in it and 'Grammy's Yummy Pumpkin'? I'd like to sample those two and a few more:

Amazon Teakwood

Cider & Sticks

Fall Harvest

Oakmoss

Pathouli

Rune Stone

Sandalwood Cardamom

Spiced Wassail

Tropical Fusion

Woodland Breeze

Darbla

I do not smell any corn in the pumpkin cornbread. To be honest, I don't really know what I'm smelling except that it's a clean scent to me.

Of the others you listed, Darbla, I've only tried the Tropical Fusion and adore it in both soap and wax. Others from there that I love are the Amazingly Graceful and definitely the Lilac.

To me I can smell both but the cornbread is faint, I havent soaped it yet but it smells great in gb415 and I couldnt even compare it to any other pumpkin or bakery scent. As to the difference between the pumpkin cornbread and the yummy punkin, the yummy punkin is more of as sweet pumpkin in my opinion.

As to the other scents Ive only tried a few of them:

Fall Harvest-a great scent for fall and had a great throw.

Oakmoss-LOVE THIS ONE! Awesome throw!

Rune Stone-I really like this one, a great unisex scent

Spiced Wassail- YUMMMMM!

Woodland Breeze- clean woodsy scent if that makes sense LOL