Here's Your 4 oz Batch, Beau's Mama.. Now What?

Hibiscus

:P :p :P :p Just try it, I dare you!:P :p

Ok, this one I could have used my

regular scale but I used my gram scale. It was soaped at RT and trace was slow until I hit it a couple of times with the SB and it came to full trace in a few seconds. It is pure patchouli.

This is so freakin neat! I wish I had done 4 & 10 oz batches when I began soaping. ETA-But then my family wouldn't have had all those lovely test batches.

This is also a 20% superfatted soap.

I've gone as low as I can with this...I mean I do want something to test:cheesy2:

post-2973-139458445225_thumb.jpg

post-2973-139458445233_thumb.jpg

post-2973-139458445234_thumb.jpg

WOOOOOHOOOO, my little flower! That's why I love you...you love to push beyond normal limits...and you really are a lil' bit nuttier than I am. You go girl.:bow::thumbsup: Aww, and you have a cute lil' mold, too.

Now, you know if I was off work today I'd be in the "lab" right now weighing out 4oz's of oil while my M&P is melting :laugh2: Well, there's always next week...what can we play "limbo" with next? LMAO!

Oh yeah, you know that I LOVE dares!

WOOOOOHOOOO' date=' my little flower! That's why I love you...you love to push beyond normal limits...and you really are a lil' bit nuttier than I am. You go girl.:bow::thumbsup: Aww, and you have a cute lil' mold, too.

Now, you know if I was off work today I'd be in the "lab" right now weighing out 4oz's of oil while my M&P is melting :laugh2: Well, there's always next week...what can we play "limbo" with next? LMAO!

[b']hmmm I am thinking maybe a 8 oz batch of LS! yeahhhhh that'll learn you not to mess with the mentally distrurbed!santa mad LOL

I couldn't imagine making a batch that small!! :shocked2:

But now I am sooooo tempted to give it a try :tongue2::D

**Keep daring her Beau's mama and she will surely produce a batch that makes a single guest bar !! LOL

*faint*LOL If I could get more than a few tests out of it...I might give it a go...LOL

[quote=beau's mama;647533]WOOOOOHOOOO, my little flower! That's why I love you...you love to push beyond normal limits...and you really are a lil' bit nuttier than I am. You go girl.:bow::thumbsup: Aww, and you have a cute lil' mold, too.

hmmm I am thinking maybe a 8 oz batch of LS! yeahhhhh that'll learn you not to mess with the mentally distrurbed!santa mad LOL

Oh no, Psycho Santa! LOL, you really are not playing fair! I gotta learn how to make LS first b/4 I go making baby batches all willy nilly like! You make it, I'll watch, then you can give it to me to test :yes::D

Just curious, what two oils are you using? Looks like coconut is one. Is that the secret to small batches, only using a couple oils?

Seems fun, I'd like to give it a try too. And Patchouli is my favorite!!

I used coconut, pumpkin and wheatgerm. The EO is not pictured. There really is no secret to small batches. I could have soaped one of my tried and true formulas which have more oils, but I already know how they will turn out.

These little babies gel faster than my larger batches..go figure.

What a great way to find out how a fragrance behaves.:) I love Patch!

fragrances and colorants:) and save on supplies:) I am a patch lover too. . I would like to find a mold for hotel size bars:rolleyes2 I found them once but forgot where.

Carrot Tissue Oil. Or Heliocarrot. Is cold pressed from the flesh of whole carrots, making it extremely rich in Beta Carotene, Vitamins A, B, C, D and E and essential fatty acids. It is excellent for dry skin, aging or wrinkled skin, is known to help skin regeneration and to moisturise. It also makes a great deep conditioner for dry hair.

It is also great as a colorant for soaps and lotions. Is supposed to be a beautiful yellow. But I want to know how much of a yellow, etc I'll be getting from it. So a small batch of soap would be perfect. :)

Ok wow how did I miss this.. I always stayed away from doing a small batch like this because I had read so many people saying even a 1 lb batch is a no no (I do 1 lbs all the time)... but man now I want to try!! SUCH a great idea to test out what a colour or scent or combo is going to do... man I think this is great!! COME ON new FO's hopefully they land before baby and I will try this out too!!

Carrot Tissue Oil. Or Heliocarrot. Is cold pressed from the flesh of whole carrots, making it extremely rich in Beta Carotene, Vitamins A, B, C, D and E and essential fatty acids. It is excellent for dry skin, aging or wrinkled skin, is known to help skin regeneration and to moisturise. It also makes a great deep conditioner for dry hair.

It is also great as a colorant for soaps and lotions. Is supposed to be a beautiful yellow. But I want to know how much of a yellow, etc I'll be getting from it. So a small batch of soap would be perfect. :)

Ahh is see. I've never heard it called that before. I use the EO and the aroma takes some getting used to, it's quite earthy. I've used it in hair products and lotions as well as soap. :smiley2: I experiment with extracts ( I make my own) as well as oils for natural colorants.

Ahh is see. I've never heard it called that before. I use the EO and the aroma takes some getting used to, it's quite earthy. I've used it in hair products and lotions as well as soap. :smiley2: I experiment with extracts ( I make my own) as well as oils for natural colorants.

Mine is an actual soaping oil and I haven't used it yet so I'm looking forward to soaping it and see what it does. :)

Mine is an actual soaping oil and I haven't used it yet so I'm looking forward to soaping it and see what it does. :)

:cheesy2:yeah I know. Rosehip oil is beautiful in soap and other B&B stuff. Pumpkin seed has some of the same qualities as carrot oil except the color is brown/green. All of the oils(except coconut) used in this experiment are usually reserved for other B&B products.

It wasn't my intention to just break a few rules but to develop enough of a product for my own personal tests. I wanted the ultimate facial bar. As it turned out I learned lots of neat stuff along the way.

I am also super frugal:) so this is really great for me:yay:

This has been a lot of fun and hopefully will be of use to someone. I've got 3 little batches curing and now it's back to the Big Guys:rolleyes2

Happy Soaping:tongue2: