I need fo suggestion for wedding...

leisa2003

I am making 2.5 oz. wedding favor candles, for my step daughters wedding, and I need some suggestions on a couple fragrances for the fo.

She loves vanilla, but wants something different and not TO STRONG.:o

Oh, and I forgot to mention, would you color the candles, or leave them white. I use soy wax.

Thanks!!!

I made votives & pillars for my nephews wedding last year and they wanted pink sugar - from ICS I think - done in a purple. I also have another customer getting married in couple months and she want Lily of the Valley in a light teal color - got this from AH. I always thought the Hearts & Flowers from LS was a good scent for weddings. Also made jasmine from AH for outdoor wedding last year. Don't remember what her colors were though. Probably try to coordinate the color to the wedding colors. hth

I use paraffin wax

Vanilla mixes with so many fragrances. I think vanilla and honeysuckle, or jasmine, or freesia, white lily, etc would do nice for a wedding.

Other good mixers are amber, sandalwood for an aromatic fragrance.

If she likes 'sweet', maybe pink sugar, georgia peach, apricot, peppermint, or pear would be nice too.

Wasn't there a thread not too long ago about a new vanilla mix that Peak's had that got some raves about? I'll see if I can find it.

Hmm... maybe it was Yankee's Vanilla Lime or Peak's White Lily and Amber. Both sound nice. I just remembered vanilla and grapefruit blended together are awesome too. Don't know how much you are into mixing.

I think white or cream colored would be just fine. Unless you know what color the gowns will be you could go trying to match them-- assuming the fragrance compliments the gown colors.

as of fragrance im not much help, mainly a prefrence of what she likes....maybe a vanilla mixed with the type of flowers she has for her wedding, or even skip on the vanilla and stick with a floral.

As to the coloring, if your using soy....id beware of the frosting unless your using an additive. If not id make them around the time of the wedding (if you decide to color)

I read it to mean she was interested in a different type of vanilla.:undecided

She told me she would like something soft, but strong enough to smell well when burning. She just has always like vanilla, so I tought maybe anything with a vanilla in it, but maybe a mix with it...for something different for her.

Thanks for all the suggestions! You all are great!

*Leisa*

Well if you've not tried French Vanilla and Amber, that might be one to try. It definitely won't be something people think of as edible. I'd go with whatever she wants for the color. Now the FVA might be a little too heavy, but it's a different kind of vanilla lol.

so true about the florals and allergies...

maybe pink sugar, love spell, sex on the beach, lick me all over...

lol sorry scents keep popping in my head...

you could mix some strawberry with vanilla for a strawberry cream or cherry and cream, or just buy strawberries and cream..

I just did 2 weddings and I made up sample scents (5 for each bride) and did some colored and some plain. Both ended up wanting palm wax, one colored and one uncolored. I'd ask the bride to chose. The one who wanted colored wanted to match her wedding colors in different shades of brown, she chose lemon biscotti (Bert's) and Champagne (Gen Wax) for her scents. The other bride went in a totally opposite direction with a floral and a tea scent. Point being, everyone likes different things so let the bride and groom decide...out of all they decided on, the only one I really liked was the Champagne tinted very light with coffee dye (which was a light beige).

Vanilla Bean Noel would be my preference. I am assuming the favors will be placed at the guests' tables so you really should stay away from anything too strong (florals, etc.) as it will alter the taste of the food.

She has decided to have them NOT colored, incase of frosting, and also due to the sticker on them is clear, with black lettering...and the lids will be decorated the wedding colors. Still havent decided on a fo yet, kinda worried that anything vanilla might tint the wax from being white.

Any suggestions on wick size of 2.5 oz. baby food jars?:o