What are your weekend soap plans?

LovelyLathers

Saturday I have my first show of the year. It's a fundraiser for the Relay for Life Cancer Program. I am looking forward to doing it even if I don't sell much. It is a great cause. The weather here is suppose to be very rainy (about 3 to 4 inches) and windy. Good thing it's indoors.

Sunday I am going to do some whipped soap and hopefully I will take a stab at liquid soap.

Well, tomorrow I am hoping to make some shaving soap scented lavender. I have a request for it.

Then I am thinking that I am going to start my list of oils I want to order for my spring/summer soaps.

I might even make some pillars for myself and I want to finish some of my knitting I started.

But I guess I don't really have a lot planned.

I have 20 restocks to do, plus the other 6 batches of my charcoal soap that I need to get done. Just ordered a propane heater from amazon for my garage so by this time next week I should be in full swing in my new 600 square foot "soap barn", with heat!!! I have been freezing my buns off:shocked2:

After I clean my sty this morning, I plan on making candles, soap, lotions and some roll on perfumes. I don't know how much of that is actually going to get done, but that's the goal anyway. I only know for SURE that some core candles are going to get poured so that I can carve tomorrow for a couple of orders. I have no idea what scent or what type of soap and candles I'm going to make though. I'll be thinking about that while cleaning. :)

I'm devising my next soap. I just got my micas in and can't wait to play with them! I'm thinking of using Peak's Ocean in it. :)

Just have to look into how Ocean acts in cp. Off to search. ;)

If I can find cornmeal in our supermarkets, then some gardeners soap.

Got some new EO's to try. Will be making some orange eo with calendula, lemongrass and ginger, ylang ylang and bergamot and some peppermint.

Totally out of gm base though, so probably shea butter base or clear, or maybe cucumber and avocado.

Made some lavender and tea tree today, so got that to cut.

I'm loving this soaping :D

Nothing in my soap pot but a BLIZZARD! We are have a major Blizzard here and it's very cold and windy with whiteout conditions. I'm too afraid we'll lose the power so I'll pospone soaping until things warm way back up.

However, I am enjoying my first soaps I made in the shower! They've cured for several weeks! Not long enough to give out but long enough for me to test the first three batches in the shower!:o

Fire

I made a batch of soap scented Satsuma for a very special friend and will be cutting it shortly. It was my first adventure with gel tone colorants so hoping it turns out OK. I can tell you it smells wonderful. I hope to make some body butter with the Satsuma for her also.

I'm itchin' to soap some of my new FO's from the Peak coop, but I'm in the middle of "Spring Cleaning" and weeding out my candle and soap supplies, so everything is a HUGE mess of supplies everywhere!Guess I should actually finish with that so I can actually get to my oils and soaping area! LOL :DOh and I have a TON of stuff (3page list) to put in the classies!I also want to get an order in for all the supplies I need for the liquid soap making class! :D

I made a batch of soap scented Satsuma for a very special friend and will be cutting it shortly. It was my first adventure with gel tone colorants so hoping it turns out OK. I can tell you it smells wonderful. I hope to make some body butter with the Satsuma for her also.

Ooooo, I hope you post pics after you cut those! What a nice thing to do for you friend.

Was that the RE/Aroma Heaven? Awesome stuff!

e

i love that scent too. How did the gel tones come out? Where did you get them? I have been thinking of getting them.

Try RT oils and lye, full water and a whisk for this one. Forget swirls, LMAO!

Are you up for a challenge, LOL? If not, save this for HP.

e

Yeah and I am going to attempt some minor swirlage. Just laugh at me because I need to experience this. I'm determined! It will be a badge or something. I will get to be able to say "yes that seized on me badly". If it goes good though, I can say I conquered it. I love a challenge. :laugh2:

Yes, the Satsuma is from AH/RE and it IS awesome. I used amethyst gel tone from BCN for the swirls. I won't post a picture however as the friend reads this board and I want her to be blown away when she sees the 12 bars in person.

I hope you save some pics so after you give it to her you can post the pics. It sounds like you were very pleased with you gel tones and how the soap came out.

Losing an hours sleep is the pits! I don't feel like doing anything. I am going to atleast make a few restocks today if nothing else. No matter how much OMH I make I sell it, I only have 20 bars on the curing rack. I decided to wait and do Z's LS class before I attempt it.