Worst show ever!

Just finished up my recent show. This was the worst craft fair ever! I only sold a scented bear. Thats it! And the worst part. I left my bins under my table and covered the whole table with a sheet, like pretty much everyone there, and the next day I found that some of my stuff was stolen, 2 other booths around me had something stolen and another had their cover removed! WTF! Obviously security is not good there. I'm so discouraged. I'm tempted to cancel the other 3 shows this season. And the person in charge of the show of course cant compensate me but offered to waive the next seasons shows fee. I said no and will never do another show with them....So much work goes into setting up your display, sitting there all weekend, etc. And then to wind up with a loss of profit because items were stolen just makes me ill! Sorry, but I needed to vent. Anyone else ever had their products stolen at a show?

yea I have....I did a massage therapy convention last spring and had over $200 worth of stuff stolen out of a locked room. It was at the convention center and the front desk clerk was very rude about it and informed me she was well aware that someone stole my stuff. So I said well then I guess we will call the police since this is obviously an inside job. The police came out and did a report but of course nothing was done about it. I did keep calling the Convention Center manager and they did finally pay me for all the products that were stolen.

Sorry that happened to you. Thats really tough. Be sure to tell them exactly why you won't be coming back.

I have a show this weekend and really am counting on earning some money. Its an established show but one I haven't done before so I can't be sure what can happen.

I only ever did one big show, and a friend of mine had 3 quilts stolen - after hours, by the "security guards". And the idiot was afraid to complain because she was afraid that they wouldn't let her back the next year. A lot of people lost stuff at that show.

Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't do that show again either. But I wouldn't cancel the other ones (unless they are done by the same promoter/people). You can have a bum show one week and a fantastic one the next.

Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't do that show again either. But I wouldn't cancel the other ones (unless they are done by the same promoter/people). You can have a bum show one week and a fantastic one the next.

I agree with this post.

Sorry to hear about your losses. I have never had anything stolen at any of my shows until last year at my last show. I had just a few things stolen about $20.00 worth. I didn't have anything covered, because I had forgotten to take covers. The culprit left something behind a childs ring not worth anything, but the kid must have taken it off and sat it down while mommy was shopping through my stuff. It is too bad they don't have camera's so I could have watched it.

My last wholesale show I had over $300 (wholesale) stolen from a wrapped pallet. Of course, it was by best selling items and weren;t something I could have shipped to me. That wasn't my biggest, my largest was $2500 worth of product from a competing vendor and the police couldnt do anything (CRAP!) even though she admitted it.

Ohmigosh! How awful! I've never done a show where I am there for more than a few hours. I've got one coming up later this month, but my boyfriend is planning on coming with me so in case I need to use the little girls room, things will be looked after.

That's absolutely awful for those of you who've had to deal with venues and people being able to take off with your product(s) so easily!

Thanks everyone for your replies, It makes me feel a lot better. I wont be cancelling my next shows...But I will never leave my stuff anywhere overnight again. It will be a pita to load and unload my stuff all weekend, But thats what our men are for! :smiley2:

I am sorry for that, I know how frustrating that can be. You work so hard to set up for a show and it's bad enough not to make any money but to get your stuff stolen on top of it is horrible. I feel for you.