Ugly--But my first soap

Billie

I came from the candle side and have been lurking[drooling] I saw other newbies making AJ's soap sooooooo. Its my first and I used a drawer organizer because I didn't have any supplies and the color that left specks came from Hobby Lobby. :tongue2: It is an ugly beginning but I loved it.

post-2727-139458443494_thumb.jpg

post-2727-139458443504_thumb.jpg

I came from the candle side and have been lurking[drooling] I saw other newbies making AJ's soap sooooooo. Its my first and I used a drawer organizer because I didn't have any supplies and the color that left specks came from Hobby Lobby. :tongue2: It is an ugly beginning but I loved it.

I like it too and it's pretty!:smiley2:

Congrat! Actually, AJ was my third soap. I soaped the Shortning and Shea by Michelle as my first soap, although I used water and not Goats milk instead. Second was Dawn's Basic Bar! That's the one I scented with Tonic. The last one was AJ's.

Let them cure out for at least a month and then give them a whirl. The longer they cure, the better they will be. Keep in mind that because of the 50% Olive oil, the soap will take a while to cure out. Min'es now three days old and the sliver I've used, doesn't creat much lather yet but will in a few weeks.

How big was your batch? I did all two pound recipe's except for AJ's and did that as a four pound recipe.

Fire

Thanks everyone.

It is scented with sweet pea. I used the 15x6x2 drawer liner and kept reading through all the tutorials. I saw how to measure the box but it took me awhile to figure out the soap calculator. LOL It came out to 45 oz, I'll try 2 lbs. next, it was pretty thick. Thanks everybody for being so helpful and sharing your recipes :whoohoo: