Absolutely beautiful!!

The "thing" about Bruce is that not only is he a master candle maker and knows how do make a great candle, but he is an artist and very few people could ever achieve the results that he gets. It isn't just a craft (just about anyone can learn to make a candle).....he is a true artist. Way to go Bruce!!!!!! Donita

ps...and we know that the only time people would burn a piece of art would be in a power outage and that was their only choice....so many years in the future, way after we are all gone.....Burce's candles will still be around.:yay: :yay: :yay:

Just for the heck of it, I searched Google for "how to carve candles" and there's a lot of info on the web about it. OMG I can't wait to read all the links! I found 3 more video tutorials too! :yay:

I'm still totally blown away by Bruce's candles! The one that had the silver layers to it especially, made my jaw drop. That can't be an easy effect to create!! :bow:

Do post them!! I love watching these!

Well here is a picture of a yellow and purple candle I made today and the mushroom that I made from the drippings.

I did a video but it only recorded for 3 minutes and used up a whole 256 mb memory stick! lol If I can edit it to a smaller size I will youtube it. I dont get it all cut in that time but a fair chunk of it since the first 30 seconds I dont really start cutting.

Bruce

I found a way to reduce the size of the video BUT its kind of abstract so your not going to be able to see me carve in real time just a cool video mix of it. Im not going to leave the video up for long so watch it while you can and I will work on the original video to make it smaller if I can find a program on the computer to do it. (it was fun messing with this video) Turn up the volume and jam with me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xCMZKLXb9E

post-327-139458442021_thumb.jpg

post-327-139458442026_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Beautiful Bruce! That purple is to die for :drool: and I love the mushroom too!

Jammin' video! If you find a way to get it edited where we can see you actually carving it, please post it! :yay:

Umm..this purple one looks like it need a home. I'd be glad to give ya my addy :cheesy2:

OMFG I'm just blown away!!! Like totally blown away!!! :shocked2:

Gorgeous Bruce, and the colors were perfect too!! Beautiful!! Thanks for doing that. The video was really cool to watch!! :bow:

Thecandlepastore, here's the vids I found. Just a few of them. I actually entered into Google, "how to carve candles" and came up with many results and these came up with that search. :)

http://www.wicks-wax-scents.com/candle-making-video.html

I love that video of you carving Bruce. I would love to see the whole thing in real time. I must say I can't figure out how the mushroom was done from drippings. (my eye's don't see it, even upside down) :P

Anyway one question I hope you don't mind me asking. I went snooping hoping to find one other video of you at work. Was that you geode cracking? (I think it was cool, but when my brain actually works I lean toward the geeky side)

I hope you didn't mind,]

Karen B

Was that you geode cracking? (I think it was cool, but when my brain actually works I lean toward the geeky side) I hope you didn't mind,]

Karen B

Yes that would be me cracking the geodes. ;) Heres how that goes along with everything.... in MY mind I oked the idea of geodes in my booth because I make candles and incense... the incense go along with meditation which goes along with all the beliefs of crystals... which brings me to living in one of the best areas in the world for collecting geodes!!! Ding Ding Ding. We take unopened geodes along with us to our shows and sell and crack them open for people. Cool stuff I tell ya. I collected over 120 five gallon buckets of geodes last year!

Thanks everyone else for your replies to the pics and video. I didnt have to do anything to the video but drag the clip into the program and it did all the other crap to the video all by itself... I thought it was kind of cool and got a kick out of it so I went ahead and posted it. Sorry I dont have much time to answer more questions I leave for the mall at 9 am and get home close to 10 pm so it dont leave me much down time.

Bruce