Absolutely beautiful!!

Yes, it is!

Reminds me how much I miss Bruce posting pictures! :(

I'll be at the mall all day Thursday Ducky, pick some colors out and I will cut some wax and let you see what I came up with. It will give me something to do anyway. I might even have time to use the camera and fire up a short video for youtube even? ;)

Bruce

I'll be at the mall all day Thursday Ducky, pick some colors out and I will cut some wax and let you see what I came up with. It will give me something to do anyway. I might even have time to use the camera and fire up a short video for youtube even? ;)

Bruce

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

PURPLE! Maybe some yellow... but mostly PURPLE :cheesy2:

And a video??? Oh wow!

*starts chanting.... video... video... video...*

Come on ya'll, join in the chanting so we can see Bruce in action! :thumbsup:

I hate when people say things that are not correct and or misleading to others.

#1 There is no heat resistance in the glaze no way no how 100% wrong. The glaze everyone uses is just like floor wax, which is what most carvers used years ago anyway.

#2 The glaze doesn't penetrate into the wax... that's why its called glaze it a TOP coat and doesn't pull any color to the surface either. If you wax a car the color of the car looks deeper, same thing. You can peel off the glaze just like a thin plastic coating.

Bruce

Whoa! That's a seriously beautiful candle!!! Thanks for sharing that because that was the first time I've seen it. :)

Now I get your name, BruceCarvesWax. I have to see some pictures of your work. *searching new and old gallery post*

And OMG purple and yellow would make for some pretty coloring in something like that. :)

#1 There is no heat resistance in the glaze no way no how 100% wrong. The glaze everyone uses is just like floor wax, which is what most carvers used years ago anyway.

I wondered about that...

Another question Bruce... (not like I'll be trying it anytime soon since I always have more on my plate than I can chew, but...)

She mentioned using two different kinds of wax. A lower MP paraffin for the core and a "special" wax for the hard shell. I assume it's a higher mp wax, but isn't it still paraffin??

PS: Maybe she was going slow so we could see all the moves she makes ;)

But from my perspective, it was awful darn fast. It'd be cold and hard before I got to the 3rd cut....LOL

Whoa! That's a seriously beautiful candle!!! Thanks for sharing that because that was the first time I've seen it. :)

Now I get your name, BruceCarvesWax. I have to see some pictures of your work. *searching new and old gallery post*

And OMG purple and yellow would make for some pretty coloring in something like that. :)

Vio this is my favorite candle post I made:

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=gallery;action=display;num=1097633594;start=0

Ducky, I dont have 2 kinds of wax and dont use any special additives to make the wax stay soft longer. Its the same wax inside and out. I guess the core candle could be poured with a lower mp wax but no one burns them either way.

Bruce

Those are beautiful Bruce! But then, they always are! :rockon:

Aren't your the one who made that gorgeous candle with the dolphin in it?

I tried to search it over there, never did have much luck with searching for posts by specific members over there. :o

I logged in there and it said I had 82 messages :laugh2:

It's almost my anniversary! I had forgotten :yay:

Date Registered: Feb 8th, 2005, 8:27am

Aren't your the one who made that gorgeous candle with the dolphin in it?

I tried to search it over there, never did have much luck with searching for posts by specific members over there. :o

Not found probably because it was fish not a dolphin :laugh2:

I found it stored on my computer :yay:

Before anyones ask... NO, I'm not doing ANYTHING with anyones pictures. I save the special ones for inspiration when I'm not feeling very creative. It's hard finding very old posts and some of the candles posted here are just TOO beautiful to be forgotten. I don't post them, unless requested by the owner, nor do I show them to other people. I just spend the day sometimes staring at my screen admiring the beautiful work our members do :)

Hey Bruce, I see you are in Missouri. Where abouts? We are in south eastern Iowa, and have a place on Bulls shoals lake.

In your old post you said something about Quincy. Not that far from us.

Do you ever do workshops? Those are amazing, amazing candles. Works of art. If you would throw one together, I would love to attend.

Just for the heck of it, I searched Google for "how to carve candles" and there's a lot of info on the web about it. OMG I can't wait to read all the links! I found 3 more video tutorials too! :yay:

I'm still totally blown away by Bruce's candles! The one that had the silver layers to it especially, made my jaw drop. That can't be an easy effect to create!! :bow:

Carving candles is a huge art form and I'm in awe of those who can do it. I've researched it, mostly for fun because I'd never have the patience to perfect it.

Bruce has some amazing creations - I'll admit, I've snooped his posts often just to admire.

No one holds anyone's hand in business for such an intricate art. I don't care what anyone says. I think someone's just looking for an excuse as "proof" that some people give out detailed info and hand holding. I'll hold anyone's hand for a few thousand bucks! :D Hell, pay me $2000 and I'll GIVE my formulas away. Cause I can walk away laughing, knowing that's what works for me only and the exact numbers won't for others. The supplier list and costs will cost another $1k, but dammit, I'll hold some hands, maybe even blow a few... kisses. What'd you think I was going to say? :D

Vio this is my favorite candle post I made:

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=gallery;action=display;num=1097633594;start=0

Ducky, I dont have 2 kinds of wax and dont use any special additives to make the wax stay soft longer. Its the same wax inside and out. I guess the core candle could be poured with a lower mp wax but no one burns them either way.

Bruce

Man, Bruce I miss the days when you and a few other would do stuff like that. Bye the way I think I am still waiting on you making more dolphin ones. It been a couple of years now.

Man, Bruce I miss the days when you and a few other would do stuff like that. Bye the way I think I am still waiting on you making more dolphin ones. It been a couple of years now.

Who was the other one learning to make them? DallasTexasDean, I think... posted some really pretty ones too! I'm sure there were others as well, but I don't remember who.

Who was the other one learning to make them? DallasTexasDean, I think... posted some really pretty ones too! I'm sure there were others as well, but I don't remember who.

It was not so much the ones that where learning.

It was Bruce I think Tanya and a few other would say give me some colors and then they would go off for a bit and come back with their creations. I also miss the friendly competion we use to get in to. Colors would be chosen and we would all go off and make those colors and come back and post pictures of what we did some where so ugly you could not stand to look at them others where amazing. I was fun and silly.

It was Bruce I think Tanya and a few other would say give me some colors and then they would go off for a bit and come back with their creations. I also miss the friendly competion we use to get in to. Colors would be chosen and we would all go off and make those colors and come back and post pictures of what we did some where so ugly you could not stand to look at them others where amazing. I was fun and silly.

Ohh, that must've been before my time. :( I only remember hearing and reading about Bruce doing that. There were a few color competitions here for wax creations in general I think while I was away. It sounds like fun! Only if it's not limited to carving though, cuz there's no way I could make one of THOSE :shocked2:

Thinking about it... I wonder if I could come up with a couple makeshift dipping tanks. I just got a tapered star pillar mold from the classifieds recently. Wonder just how badly I could destroy it with dipping and a sharp knife :laugh2:

Boy now would that be fun to see!!