how long to stir?

After adding color and FO I stir the wax right up until the minute that I pour. After mixing, should I just let the wax sit without stirring and then pour? And because I have been doing so much stirring, could this be affecting my scent throw (which is not very impressive)? I'm currently using 4627

Hate to be a PITA--I just joined last week and this is my third question--which is a miracle considering I am the most shy person ever!!

Much, much TIA for any help!

Karen

Thanks, Kim and Ronnie, for answering. Ronnie, I peeked at your website and your candles are beautiful! I was just wondering if too much stirring could be the reason that I am not getting a very strong hot throw--I guess not since you stir right up until pouring.

I will keep testing and hopefully figure this out

VaBraz - I do like to stir mine real good but I also like to let it "rest" shortly before pouring in case there are air bubbles that need to settle. This just seems to work for me, might not for others though. hth

I don't really think the stirring will effect your hot throw. You might want to look at others things, like fo strength and amount, wick, the temp you are adding your fo, and also candlenose is always a possibility. I keep it!

Just a few things to consider.

I really don't think stirring would affect the hot throw... unless it wasn't stirred enough to mix well and some of the FO settles in the bottom of the pot.

Is this the same testing from the other post, the Love Spell? Did you consider the likeliness of candlenose as Top mentioned?

Hi SatinDucky, yes, I was referring to the Love Spell in both posts, in addition to a couple of other scents that I have been trying recently. I've been very discouraged because I can barely smell the scent in my candles. When you and Top mentioned candlenose I smelled my candle again (I've had one burning for about two hours) and smelled very little, and then I went and smelled the scent straight out of the bottle and still smelled very little...so candlenose it is...I hope.

Thanks everyone for your help--I appreciate it very, very much!

Candlenose is very common. I stir mine throughly and let it sit just for a few minutes. The bubble rise quickly. Then I pour slowly. Rarely do I get bubbles. Many people tap the molds to release the bubbles, but I don't usually do that. Welcome to the world of candle making. It can be lots of fun.....CAN be (smile) Donita