New website pictures????

lindanelson

Thanks everyone.

I'll take another picture in the next couple days and post it.

I have this candles wrapped and tagged...will try a picture with it...might have to wait for another one to get done. That's my plan tomorrow before the Super Bowl starts.

From the top it looks like you used a fish eye lens on the candle so the top seems larger than the bottom which is not good. Straight on shot would work better and a more bland background would work for a web page. Not feeling the edge thing ya got going on either. Would be ok with just a fade edge but the design in the fade is buggin me for some reason.

Bruce

I feel the same as Bruce. Just seems a bit to busy for me, my eyes are all over the place instead of on the candle. You want to focus on the beautiful candle, so I'm not sure you need all the other "stuff". A more subtle background might be good. Think you just need to try several different techniques and see what works best for your website.

I agree with soapbuddy.

It would be better if it wasn't completely straight on. Maybe raise the camera and shift it to the side just a bit, so that a small amount of the top and a side shows. It'll make it easier to tell it's a 3 dimensional square.

As for the border, I don't really care for any border. Even just the fade border would look much better if it was thinner, maybe 1/4 of the size there. Too much border or a busy one detracts from the picture inside, IMO. I would also crop out some of the blue background on the sides to make the candle stand out. If it was a postcard or something like that, it would be different.

I like the color of the background though, it's subtle and shows the candles colors nicely :)

I agree with most everyone else. The photo should be taken slightly raised, but not on top like the first. I would also suggest not using a flash (it looks like you used a flash and its washing out the candle-producing a glare on it). Its a pretty candle and you want to get the best possible shot of it. I also agree that you should leave the "fancy" borders off. You want to showcase the candle and not draw attention to the border.

I personally like the background better than all white. I think the pretty border would be nice for a homepage shot but not for individual products because it takes the eye away from the candle itself. Your very last shot was the best, the only thing I might do is lift the wick up like it was in your first photo.