Nu-Scents Fragrance Oils???

kdmorgan

NuScents gets most of their stuff from DPS wax outside Joliet. With that being said, their customer service is not so great.

I ordered 6 cases of 4627 when it was being discontinued, a case of palm and 6# of KOH from them. I spoke to them on the phone twice about the order. I drove 300+ miles round trip to get 25#'s of 4627. No phone call, nothing. I spent more $$ in gas to receive my *partial* order than it would have cost to ship. No apology, nothing. So nope, I will never order from them again.

I use Nu-Scents oils and many of them are good. I believe they have a steep handling fee, so you may want to check that out before you order. I generally pick up and avoid the fee. Some of their scents are some of my best sellers (Fresh Apple, Vanilla Coconut, English Ivy, Cantaloupe Lily). I haven't had any customer service problems, though I wish they'd tell me when something is out of stock. I've only had two issues, and they've corrected both times.

eta: If you need to contact them other than placing an order, I recommend a phone call over e-mail. Can be slow to respond via e-mail.

I have had a couple of issues with this company as well and I will never order from them again either. They have a handling fees even on a full box of wax they don't have to repackage. Customer service totally sucks and it's always your fault even when you have proof of what you have ordered and they ship the wrong thing. Just beware. If I were you I would try to find supplies elsewhere.

I bought my first kit from Nu-Scent and almost immediately after trying placed a big order almost 1/2 of which was not available and they don't back-order for you. I was happy with a few of the scents, but most are much better at other suppliers. Their shipping charges are outrageous compared to other suppliers so I simply quit buying from them.

I checked the dpswax website and Mimosa is not listed. However, you can email here info@dpswax.com and ask if they have any in stock. I know that this is where Nu-Scents gets their products because I have been there when they have done pickups. Perhaps DPS has some that is not listed on the website. Might not hurt to ask.

I hope you find what you are looking for. Questing is tough.

I checked the dpswax website and Mimosa is not listed. However, you can email here info@dpswax.com and ask if they have any in stock. I know that this is where Nu-Scents gets their products because I have been there when they have done pickups. Perhaps DPS has some that is not listed on the website. Might not hurt to ask.

Just wanted to thank you again and let you know that DPS has ordered a sample of the fragrance for me from their supplier!!! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again,

Kim

• 2 years later...

So glad to find some other Illinois people here - and - to read a review of NuScents. I thought it was just me they were rude to.

They actually have been a bit better since they moved to WI (yea, I get to drive further now) - their general mood has improved.

I would much rather buy my C-3 from someplace in ILL - so suggestions or co-buys would be wonderful news.

I get a few B&B supplies and some glassware from them because I can pick it up - for the most part their FO's are not too hot. A few scents, yes but nothing you can't find elsewhere - and they discontinue scents ALL the time so I have learned not to rely on them for a product line of one fragrance.

Hey - PM me if you are in ILL - would love to compare notes.

Angela

• 4 months later...

Do you know of any other suppliers near Joliet. (Glass, fragrance, equipment...ect)

So glad to find some other Illinois people here - and - to read a review of NuScents. I thought it was just me they were rude to.

They actually have been a bit better since they moved to WI (yea, I get to drive further now) - their general mood has improved.

I would much rather buy my C-3 from someplace in ILL - so suggestions or co-buys would be wonderful news.

I get a few B&B supplies and some glassware from them because I can pick it up - for the most part their FO's are not too hot. A few scents, yes but nothing you can't find elsewhere - and they discontinue scents ALL the time so I have learned not to rely on them for a product line of one fragrance.

Hey - PM me if you are in ILL - would love to compare notes.

Angela

Angela, Can't PM yet but i'm just getting into the business. PM me if you can. Looking for local suppliers too.

dsipp138, for some reason it wont let me send you a private message. Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I too am in Joliet:yay:

I have been into candle making off and on for a couple of years and hope to start selling sometime this summer.

If you ever want to compare notes or we could even combine orders to save on shipping etc, just let me know.

dsipp138, for some reason it wont let me send you a private message. Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I too am in Joliet:yay:

I have been into candle making off and on for a couple of years and hope to start selling sometime this summer.

If you ever want to compare notes or we could even combine orders to save on shipping etc, just let me know.

Yes, Anytime. I'm actually in South Holland (45min east), so that would be great. I'm looking for a good container place at the moment. I don't think all the features are active on my account. I just started about 4 weeks ago. Started in Soy and quickly found that I can't acheive as much HT with it. I'm not having much luck with the IGI4627 either.

Edited by dsipp138

I'm not too far from you two - Woodstock. before their move to WI, Nu-Scents was in my backyard. Since I didn't have to pay shipping I tried a number of fragrances and EO's from them. I feel badly that I didn't like any of them. The prices were/are on the high side.

I'm using 4633 ATM and loving it. I'd consider splitting an order and possibly even testing C3 if the price was right per lb.