Pink Sugar FO...YUCK!!!!!

pjb31apb

Am I the only one who finds this scent disgusting? I used it in my first batch of soap and I believe I am having an allergic reaction to it. The scent is just to sickly sweet for me to like. Also, I was expecting a brown discoloration to my soap, but instead I got a bright pumpkin orange instead. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Am I the only one who finds this scent disgusting? I used it in my first batch of soap and I believe I am having an allergic reaction to it. The scent is just to sickly sweet for me to like. Also, I was expecting a brown discoloration to my soap, but instead I got a bright pumpkin orange instead. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Wait a while... your bright orange soap will eventually turn dark brown... almost black... unless you used TD in your batch. :) I soaped it too one time, and I had black soap with dark brown bubbles. Nasty.

Where did you purchase your FO from? I get my Pink Sugar from The Candle Source. To me, it's the best one I've smelled so far... that I can actually handle. LOL

Yes I do, because it really doesn't matter what I like if the customers like it. If I had my choice I would have nothing but bakery and berry scents...LOL!

I can understand your point, but I don't think I could take it even for a dear customer! LOL I mean seriously! My nose hasn't stopped running, my eye hasn't stopped watering, I look like I am on drugs when I walk out of my apartment:o . I just think I will have to :tiptoe: on this one! LOL:p

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that several of you are far from fond of Pink Sugar. Now, mind you, I have not even smelled this one yet, but have heard that alot of people just love love love it, so much so, that I have it on my next FO purchase list. Dang, is it that bad? Do I need to cross it off my list?

And it turned soap black????? Man oh man, I don't think I'd like that at all. Has anyone tried a vanilla stabilizer with it?

Spin me around someone and head me in the right direction. :confused:

I've never smelled Peaks but I get my Pink Sugar from BCN and I love it. It's actually one of my favorites. Hubby says it smells like cotton candy. I use it in soy candles and in soaps. When I soap it, I do use a Vanilla Stabilizer (also from BCN) and it doesn't turn brown.

Gee, I must be a a very tiny minority--I use PS in my sugar scrubs as it just seems to fit the product so well. This FO has grown on me over the last year or so. Mind you, I don't want it to fragrance everything I have and I HATE it in lotion, but it's so soft and sweet in the scrubs I make.

36_1_11.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNfox000

My sister despises the Pink Sugar. On the other hand, I have a friend who burns PS tarts, wears the scent in a body spray, and uses it as a room spray. I don't like the musk in the scent, but the sugary-vanilla base is so delicious that I can overlook it. I use Scent-Works', and it's one of the strongest scents I've ever tried-it can definitely be overbearing if too much is used.

I just wanted to say that I've ordered several Pink Sugars from suppliers and I find they vary greatly. I wish I knew which one was more authentic, I've never smelled the real thing. My least favorite was Scent Work's version, instant headache in a bottle, there's a really strong in your face note in there that I can't place!

Melany