Abstract Pillar Thanks to Jojo

sharyl55

You folks missed out on a great class by Jojo on abstract painted pillars. Here is my 1st abstract pillar from her class. Got a micro torch from Ace Hardware and I didn't burn the house down. :yay:

Mine isn't even close to Jojo's but I learned a lot and the next one will be better. Made it out of 4045 as an everlasting. Easier for me to make a pillar than wick it. LOL

Pictures aren't the greatest but hey we are having a snow storm. That's my excuse anyway.

post-195-13945844061_thumb.jpg

post-195-139458440615_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. You really have to check out the class. It was a lot of fun.

Christina, do you have sq. molds? Really need sq. pillars to do this. I'll fill up the micro torch and we can have fun.

Not sure I have any square molds left.. I will look and if I do, I'll bring em over!! :)

Christina

Sharyl you did an awesome job i was watching the hole time.:yay: :yay: Then i got jealous that i didn't try it to, But i had to go and by the torch and my knees were killing me. It was very Cold here, yesterday so i watch you doing a good job :highfive:

Jojo you did A great teaching job when i get everything i will post pic :yay:

Shary i can wait for your class :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Sharyl......that is just fantastic. :yay: :yay: :yay: And Jojo did a great job of teaching. I would love to see others work. I did something like this several years ago but instead of my micro torch, which is wonderful by the way, I have a reducer on my heat gun that directs a smaller amount of hot air than without it. I always use it for everything. However......I need to get a refill for my torch. I hadn't even thought of using it because my daughter and I were working with the gun.

Sharyl....you just get better and better.

Hugs, Donita

Kudos to you too Jojo!!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

Oooooo I wonder if this is the mini torch I bought ... shows me it works!! Love the candles Sharyl!

And Jojo made class look easy so I'm hoping to try it all this week! Meant to yesterday, but it's basketball tournament week and I'm out more than I am in.

grama - I got the butane micro torch from Ace Hardware for around $10. Then I had to buy a can of the butane stuff. Size wise it is like an over-sized cigarette lighter. Figured, for me, smaller was better. It does have a very intense flame so you do need to be careful using it but nothing like those big torches. I did have to refill it once. Probably because I didn't know what I was doing, used too many color shavings and had to go over the pillar several times blotting off colors.

Sherry, I'm getting excited about the 'cane class. Christina is coming over Sat. to help me take some pictures.