New Car Decal !!

That's awesome! Definitely eyecatching!

I too would like to know what size the decal is, and also what kind of vehicle do you have? (It almost looks like the back of my minivan)

I'm anxious to hear how much more business this will bring you! :)

It looks great, but can you still see through your rear window? That'd make me uncomfortable, especially changing lanes in traffic. I wonder if a rear side window would work...

That really is eye-catching!! I would be concerned with the same thing as Satin. Or is it one of those that you can see right thru but peeps who are looking at it see it a a solid?? (hmm.. wonder if I am making any sense here? :tongue2: )

It looks nice! Did you check with your insurance company before putting it on? One company I used to work for would not insure your vehicle if it had any signs or logos on it. They have denied claims and non-renewed policies if they found out after the fact.

I worked in insurance many years ago and I do remember this too. Is your vehicle used for business or pleasure? My husband is the head of maintenance for a school district and has to drive his truck all over the district. He gets paid mileage etc. but is not covered under the district's insurance. I mentioned this to our agent one day and she changed our policy so that his truck is now classified as used for business.

I've often wondered about people who sell Avon, Mary Kay, Tupperware etc. They use their vehicles to go to meetings, have parties and deliver products. So if they are a business...have they thought that their vehicle should be insured as a business vehicle and not for pleasure. I would hate to be involved in an accident and my insurance company deny coverage.

I would definitely check with your auto insurance agent.

Maggie

That is such a great idea but people here have some very valid points. First, buying a decal off ebay is very iffy for lasting at all no matter what they state in their auction. My sister had a custom logo made for her vehicle for her business. Pretty expensive but it is awesome and NOT on a window. It is on both sides of the car and designed to fit perfectly on the car. You do have to ask your insurance company also. To do this, it also has to be a real business and the car registered to the business, at least with her insurance company.

I purchased my decal off ebay last summer and the guy said it would last at least 5 years. Just two weeks ago the letters have been curling up and falling off. I took it to a local decal place and they said their is no way the letters would stay on that long unless it was professionally put on. So now I have to scrape off the letters...Hmm...

Looks great! I had the same thing done to my van several years ago. I'm lucky enough to have a friend in the sign lettering business! It's great exposure. I've gotten several inquiries with mine. Hope it works for you!

That's look great! Several years ago, I had my truck classified as business as well as pleasure since I deliver so many candles. That way, if someone hits me, etc... and I'm doing business driving, my insurance will cover me, etc... Especially if someone finds out you own your own business, people might just be MORE willing to sue you!

Thanks for the link too!

Carrie

It is a 44" x 18" decal. I have a 2006 Kia Sedona. Jenn, i think i know what you are talking about but no it is just a decal. I can see thru it pretty well.

Crap, i didn't know anything about the insurance thing though. I will have to look into that. :(

I hope it last long, i got it from the guys that did bizzyb's and some others on here. he did my banners too. Although, if it doesn't last as long as they state that could totally be because i did not put it on right and it has some wrinkles in it. :mad: But that was my fault.

another one to check into is the car magnet signs

I think those are more the way to go and the direction I am leaning towards.

that would also give you the option of removing it if you wanted to.

The magnetic signs are great but you have to take them off and put them in the car because people will steal them just to steal them.

I had two made up for my kennel when I ran it and two days after putting them on my truck they were stolen by teens as a prank. I got them back a month later but I'd already had two more made up. That's thepain about magnetic signs!:mad:

Fire

I tried one of those signs that sticks on the inside by static, and in the heat of the summer it always came unstuck. Never did work right. So this year I got a custom license plate - that's not going anywhere :) Got the website to match it too, so if anyone local is curious and puts it into their browser it will end up on my site.

Course now I've got to make sure the Cherokee is nice and clean, all the time. Dirty car - soap sales - not a good mix :)

Guest LightofDawn

Decal looks great and it looks like you did pretty good putting it on. The wrinkles may disappear or shrink over time. I had one on my van that I had a bunch of air bubbles in. Once the summer sun hit it they disappeared.

My best friend has a part time business doing decals. I get decals, she gets candles, works out great for both of us.