Fusion Magic

Angeliquebe

Fusion Magic from Oregon Trail Soaps is no different from any other manufacturer who makes this type of product under various names. I tried several & not one brand over another made any difference. The end result is a blob of glossy slime. While it makes instant cream, nothing beats made from scratch. Not one customer ordered anything made with this product twice so that tells you something.

I tried it several times and I did not have good luck with it. The last batch was simply awful.

Now I have had good luck using a tiny amount if my regular emulsifiers did not get my lotion thick enough. But that is the only way I will use it now. Ruined too many good ingredients. Awful texture and leaves a film on your skin that rubs off.

Hello has anybody tryed fusion magic from Kangarooblue.com website and if yes how did u use it. I just got it and I'm going to call to see how to use it. Thanks

I have and I'm having a blast with it! I have my water cooling for my 3rd batch now.

KB & OT have some pretty decent recipes to start with. Of course, nothing is as good as it will be until you tweak a bit. The Fusion Magic (or fantasy cream maker or whatever other name it goes by) is VERY easy to work with. Although KB doesn't tell you, you should boil your distilled water and hold for 20 mins, then let it cool to room temp. And remember to sanitize your tools :D

I added my water to my oils mixed a bit, added preservative, then added the FM & mixed with a stick blender. If you follow their % guides you'll be fine.

Here is a link to my first batch & another member's made with "the stuff"

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64191

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64774

Have fun playing around w/ it!

That stuff is downright nasty. Don't waste your money.

I wonder if the formularies have changed since the product was orginally introduced.... There are several posts now about how nasty and awful this product is. I find that so odd. I've not had a problem, the stuff isn't "downright nasty" and my family (guinea pigs) have already began to beg for more. Surely they aren't begging for nasty body butter/cream!

:confused:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, of course.

Donna

I have never used the fusion magic, but I use the Fantasy Creme Maker and I love this stuff. I will have to try the Fusion Magic. Everyone that I have given the lotion with the Fantasy Creme just loves it. I have never had a problem with seperation. This stuff rocks.:yay:

It does not play nice with some other ingredients and it takes a lot of work to find out which ones. I know it does not mix well with goat milk or aloe vera juice in lotion or maybe it is the combination of the two. I do not use 100% water as the liquid in my lotions. Maybe it would be wonderful with just water but it has not performed well for me. And in several batches the problems did not show up until several weeks later. One batch looked almost like it curdled after a couple of weeks. It was beautiful when fresh. I was shocked to discover the mess. I am praying I did not give any of that away to my testers. Hopefully I still had it all at home.

So I guess it can be nasty stuff or wonderful stuff - depending on a lot of variables.

It makes wonderful body butter made with mango butter. I have been playing around with it since last spring. I have had so much fun creating with it. I did not like all shea butter, but the mango is wonderful. I also preferred the body butter to lotion. I know some people claim it pills after a while. I have a container made in April 2007 and it is still wonderful. It didn't pill and the consistency is great. One trick I found was to make sure you heat and hold your water, but then cool it down to 100 before mixing with oils/butters. It goes together very smoothly and quickly.

Ann M

Its the same thing as Sepigel 305 from Southern Soapers. Thats its actual name. She has a nice formulary sheet posted there on the product page. The personal formulator sells it too but its like 2x as expensive there for some reason. I have used it a few times am getting used to it. The first rime I tried it (for the body butter swap) It almost didn't work, but I think that was partially my fault. I like how its a liquid. I added some to a batch of foot gel (aloe gel base) that I made this weekend and just a little thickened it right up!

ExtasyPung - I believe I am holding abottle of that foot gel right now and I am reading the label. Glad to know that sepigel 305 is the same thing as Fusion Magic.

I have had good luck using a very small amount in addition to other emulsifiers if my lotion did not get thick enough. But otherwise - not so good.

Fusion Magic & Fantasy Creme Maker & every other instant product like this is garbage plain & simple. Don't waste your money. You cannot compare the slime from a so-called instant miracleous product to a formula made from scratch unless you don't know any better.

I completely disagree. I have been making my own creams and lotions for 3 years now. I tried FM last spring as I was wanting to give it a try. I had seen a demonstration and it was fascinating. There is a technique to it, but it can make some awesome body butter. My family and friends can't get enough of it. It is not slimy at all. It's not the best stuff in the whole world, but it certainly isn't garbage.

Ann M

Fusion Magic & Fantasy Creme Maker & every other instant product like this is garbage plain & simple. Don't waste your money. You cannot compare the slime from a so-called instant miracleous product to a formula made from scratch unless you don't know any better.

Thats a strong statement to make after several people just posted that they liked it. Couldn't you have just said you personally did not like it, instead of (indirectly) insulting others opinions? Just because what ever you happened to formulate with it felt slimy in your opinion, does not mean what others create will be.

It may feel differently than a lotion made from scratch, but not in an unpleasant way IMHO.

Well, damn, who pissed in your oatmeal bowl & FM batch?

Everyone's entitled to his/her opinion but who are you to judge what anyone does or doesn't "know any better" about? Personally, whether intended or by accident, I find it slightly insulting. But, again, you're entitled to your opinion. Perhaps YOU just didn't know how to work with it & YOUR batch (es) came out slimy and that's why YOUR customers didn't like it. Did you stop to think that just maybe your lack of skills with working with it was the problem & not the product itself?

We all waste our money on something or other. That just goes along with the craft and the learning process.This product may simply be a stepping stone for others to start making lotion/creams from scratch...you know...the "good ol' fashioned way".

The negative & discouraging comments from you are really tired & a bit snobbish IMO.

I normally ignore petty remarks that I see posted but this is one I have to post on.....

Count me in on the group that "doesn't know better" :laugh2:

I love the cream that I make with it and so do my clients. I happen to know MANY very experienced "doesn't know better" people who use it as well. I participated in a swap and sent this out. I only had one person out of 12 who was "neutral" and the ONLY reason she was neutral it was because it felt "cool/cold" at first when applied BUT she did say that she loved how it made her skin feel. I guess we have 12 more people to add to this list who likes "garbage". They couldn't believe the cream was made with FM.

The cream that I make is VERY similar to the Body Shops "body butter". This is a great product to use for summer/warm weather body products. It goes on with a cool refreshing feeling but soaks in and leaves my skin soooo soft and silky. If this is "slime", I will take my "slime" any day :grin2: FM is NOT a "so called miraculous product" nor is it a premade product. It is an emulsifier and thickener just like a combination of btms, polawax, stearic or cetyl to be used in conjunction with other products to create lotions, creams, and body butters. Just like with any product, without the right combination of oils, butters, additives, it may not work for someone. With the right combinations, it makes a NICE finished product.

There are people who don't care for it and there is nothing wrong with that. I have tried products I don't care for either but that doesn't make those products "garbage". Oh and by the way, I have some products made "the old fashioned way" too, shame on me.

It looks to me like someone else "doesn't know better" because they couldn't formulate it ;)

I remember some statements on the Dish that some of the other polymer emulsifiers pill, though I can't remember if that's FCM. I know fusion magic doesn't pill very much at all, though some ingredients might make it more prone to pilling. I have some FM, but I've yet to play with it. Maybe it's time :D