Sandalwood Fragrance?

sweetlyloved4

I use it from Candles and Supplies.

It's throws decent in soy - not awesome.

It smells sooooo good - a lot like the old perfume called Opium.

I have a 50/50 blend and it's good, and I never thought of Opium, but I think you are right...no wonder I like it, I loved that perfume back in the day!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at these two from Oregon Trails:

*True* Mysore Sandalwood

"The finest grade of Indian Sandalwood oil comes from the ancient kingdom of Mysore. Such majestic sandalwood essential oil is very rare and expensive and the price is increasing tremendously. We found a version that is as close as you can get to the scent of natural Mysore Sandalwood. Its amazing woody heart is unlike any synthetic sandalwood we tested with wonderful oriental hints and the incredible warm and almost musky depth of sandalwood we absolutely love. The scent lasts and lasts and it holds and behaves perfectly in cold process soap, making a pure white soap bar. No need fix this one with other oils trying to get better scented sandalwood!. This description simply doesn’t do justice about how amazing this fragrance really is."

Flashpoint: 200°F+

Candle: OK Per Manufacturer

Sophisticated Sandalwood

An upscale fragrance that's very true to it's namesake, in fact, It is so true to the "real thing" it's amazing. It captures the true spirit of the Sandalwood tree but without endangering a rapidly diminishing species... In ancient times, Sandalwood was a very important part of spiritual rituals. This Sandalwood is by far the best you can find anywhere and is a personal favorite. Often copied, never excelled.

Flashpoint: 200°F+

Candle: OK

I took some non-descriptive sentences out of that first description as I was trying to get down to the heart of what they were saying so I could compare the two. So really, what is the difference between these two? Any of you tried both? I'm going to be pissed if I buy these just to find out they're the same FO!

Darbla