spill prevention tips?

We, my wife and I, are pretty new to candle making. Up until now, we've only bought 1oz samples to try out. We've graduated to slightly larger bottles now that we've found the scents we like for our own personal use. However, we are having a problem when we pour from the larger bottle...it runs down the side. This hasn't been a problem since we've used the entire 1oz and never had to worry about measuring the fo. Does anybody have any tips on how to pour without making a mess? Thanks!

I use the pipettes too, but if pouring larger amounts I set a glass rod across the top of the bottle and pour along that - it makes itself into a bit of a spout because the FO follows the rod... hard to explain. This way it doesn't dribble or anything.

I too just wipe the drips. I use a tissue and have some tiny laundry bags--you know kind of made out of netting, then stuff the tissues in there as kind of a mystery sachet to hang in an unobtrusive place in the bathroom or closet.

I hate to waste scent too:wink2:

Wow! That's a great idea! Using them for a sachet in a closet! Great idea! I have to remember that one for when I do my candles, and after they lose their scent, I can use them in my firestarters! LOL thanks for the idea. :)