** What's in your pot this week/end? **

Anyone doing something fun this weekend? Shows?

I've got a show Sat - my biggest one of the year. Hoping for an over $1K day again. Set up is tonight, and this will be the last show of the year (except for one next Friday at work, but that'll be easy)

Have already presold 2 soap logs, so that's $60 so far :)

Sunday I'll crash. I'm applying for a new job that's a total career change, so I want to be prepared for a stressful interview next week. How about going from a 30 year programmer to an entry level botanical chemist? :) I'm crazy...

Have a great weekend - it's Dec already!

NOTHING!!! I have nothing scheduled this weekend for the first and only weekend in forever! I had a party last night and will have a show next weekend, but this weekend, nada! I have a few orders to fill from last night's party, but I'm waiting on supplies to ship but they aren't scheduled to arrive until Monday! So I'll be busy again next week.

Wondering what I should do with myself this weekend... oh, I guess *I* could get ready for Christmas!!! :o

-Kristi

My girls have a cheering competition this weekend; and it's a national competition, so the tension will be high around here. Gotta get all their stuff ready tonight to head to Nashville tomorrow morning.

As for candles, just got my first fundraiser in last night. I was really excited about it. It's not real big or anything like that, but it still is 150 candles. So come Sunday night I'll be pouring candy cane, Christmas Tree, etc.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and remember less than 30 days till Christmas! Fun, Fun, Fun!

Shari

Pouring pillars .. somewhere along the line, I must stop and bag & tag them suckers. Might be a better idea to train DH to do the bag & tag:)

Hey Pam,

I agree! I thought it was just me that hated the packaging phase. YUK!

Good luck Robin... I hope it is a good career choice for you... As for me I am making melts galore and rock candles. I am swamped with orders...Who would have thought a rock would bring in lots of $$$$$. There seems to be only one other person selling the rock candles he sells slate and I am selling granite and marble rocks. I like mine better.

We have a show in a small town about 30 minutes away. It’s a Norwegian Christmas in the Country. So nothing to pour tonight or Saturday, but Sunday is another story. I have Christmas orders to get out by next Friday so “In My Pot” will be Christmas Memories, Jackie Frost, White Christmas, Santa’s Cookies, and the dreaded Crème Brulee. And for the private labels; Leather, Texas Bluebonnets, Texas Sunset, Camp Fire Coffee, and the dreaded Crème Burlee. I just don’t get it that stuff makes me gag. But it’s my bread and butter so it will remain a staple.

Good luck to all that have a show this weekend.

Ry

Making more melts and votives. I have a show next Sunday. It is a first year for the show, but I met the ladies who set it up, and I think they know what they are doing :)

So, I am hopeful it will be good. I am also packaging up some room sprays this weekend too.

Good luck to everyone with shows this weekend!!

I have my last show of the season as well tomorrow. I'm going in a little while to set up. It's a smaller, one day show but it's still a pretty good show for me.

Restocking the stores on Monday so I can pay some bills and buy a few more soap supplies. Found a good buy on a stainless steel stock pot a Walley World so I'll go there Monday and pick it up along with a good quality stick blender.

Fire:)

my office is having a craft fair starting on Wednesday, so i'm going to be wrapping, labeling, and such...also making a few more candles.

I've given them fair warning and lowered prices to make up for the potential of something going horrably wrong. :D I'm also going to make a little sign with the same disclaimer :laugh2:

Not going to use any of the funds i make from the sale just incase someone has a major issue...only candle i'm worried about are my rootbeers, the testing went well on those, but i'm going to have a lot more votives since that's the major learning area i'm working on.

wow, I neither do shows nor house parties and have no idea how to go about them. I'm finishing up some vintage containers that I bought. I tried J.S 123 wax yesterday and am really happy with it. I've picked up all different vintage christmas containers so I want to get all of them filled and either listed on ebay or off to my retail outlets. The I'm pouring a huge cranberry/balsam pillar for myself.

I have a show tomorrow (yay!) and I'm crashing right afterwards. I've been busy prepping and between that and work, getting no sleep. On Sunday I'm going to take stock (pun intended) and figure out what I need to make for our office craft fair on the 12th. Also need to make more B&B stuff for the website which will go live on Saturday (hubby's been working hard on that one).

As for candles -- probably some mulberry - I need a fall fruity, am tired of pine trees. :tongue2: