Which suppliers would you blacklist?

Mtngrl

Is that a horrible thread title or what? lol.

Just like we all want to know who are reputable suppliers, I think there are some of us, maybe all of us (?), who would like to know if there are suppliers who have either poor customer service, poor products, or poor something-or-other.

If you feel comfortable contributing to a DISHONORABLE MENTIONS list, please do, &, if you wouldn't mind, briefly state why.

I probably wouldn't list many, if any, of the ones I now use. I'm not a huge advocate of some of them, but other people like them. I guess the only way someone would hit on my blacklist was if they didn't deliver or when they eventually did, the FOs stank or were worthless. I will say that I won't buy the scents or scent blocks from a craft store as those just plain suck.

http://www.candlesupplycentral.com/

Would have to be the top of my blacklist!

Thier clean cotton has a floral tone to it, other scents I have tried were just plain weak. Almost if they were watered down. I couldn't get good results from any oil I purchased from them.

Thier Customer Service is something to be desired as well, when you give them some feedback. They just say well we have thousands of satisfied customers.

I don't have any that I blacklist but I won't necessarily deal with them either yet others,like Scented said, just rave about them. I think there are too many good suppliers out there that its a matter of time before a bad suplier will \have to close its doors forever. As far as product quality, I have to say that I can't think of any time I have ever recieved anything that really was an inferior quality. I have always only bought from suppliers that I consistently read good things about on the boards. Those ones I don't like are because of a lack of quality customer service and poor turn around times.

So far, the only supplier that I had a real problem with was SoapNCandles. I ordered some samples from them and didn't receive my order for almost a month, maybe more.

I sent numerous emails and never received a reply. I also called dozens of times (I would email and call everyday) - I only got voice mail. What a night mare . . . I was so frustrated.

I read on another message board, that many others were having the same problem. Some customers were even complaining to the Better Business Bureau.

Finally, after several weeks, I did receive my samples. I voiwed never to place another order with that company again.

This all happened about 1-2 months ago, maybe things are different now, but I'm I'm not going to chance it. The samples I received were really great, however, the customer service wasn't. I felt really bad about the whole thing, because I would have like to continue doing business with them. I'm really sorry that it didn't work out.

I had this exact same experince with them! I have to say though that if that girl could just get it together she'd have one GREAT FO company going for her. She's chosen her Fo's well and they all smell wonderful. VERY VERY VERY poor and slow customer service though...

So far, the only supplier that I had a real problem with was SoapNCandles. I ordered some samples from them and didn't receive my order for almost a month, maybe more.

I sent numerous emails and never received a reply. I also called dozens of times (I would email and call everyday) - I only got voice mail. What a night mare . . . I was so frustrated.

I read on another message board, that many others were having the same problem. Some customers were even complaining to the Better Business Bureau.

Finally, after several weeks, I did receive my samples. I voiwed never to place another order with that company again.

This all happened about 1-2 months ago, maybe things are different now, but I'm I'm not going to chance it. The samples I received were really great, however, the customer service wasn't. I felt really bad about the whole thing, because I would have like to continue doing business with them. I'm really sorry that it didn't work out.

I think she is trying to get it together. She recived alot of complaints and bad comments on several boards. I've heard she works a full time job on top of running her soap and candle business. I too had problems getting my orders, but I have to tell you that I ordered last week and got my order yesterday. Other suppliers I use regularily that I ordered from on the same day, I am still waiting on those orders - but I do understand it is a busy time for all suppliers. I've been hearing of others that are getting thier orders also in a very timely manner. Angie is a really nice lady and her oils are wonderful. I would suggest watching the boards and seeing if this quick turn around time continues. And if it does, order from her cuz you won't be dissapointed. :wink2:

As one who waited 5 months for an order from SNC, finally filed a BBB complaint, and finally received a refund from Angie (who yes - is a very nice lady)...

My only advice is...

Knowing what you know (experienced) and what you've heard - don't complain when Angie hits her next cycle of not sending out orders, not communicating, etc (because it is quite cyclical) and you're stuck in the same boat I (and many others) was.

Jen

Well i hate to bash any buissiness but id have to say gen wax. they recommended the s wick for a tall church container candle and they didnt work as they burned the container solid black. I tried reaching them on several occations and they neaver responded at all. This was more than a year ago so i just neaver delt with them again. Needless to say im still trying to wick this container right,lol. By the way if anyone has any ideas id love to hear them,lol. Lin

This is blacklisted in my book:

https://www.soapandthings.com/t-orderinfo.aspx

I know people have said good things about her, but I don't believe in doing business with a company who doesn't respond to inquiries. I never placed an order with her simply because she did not reply to my emails. The way I see things, if they won't respond to you before you spend money with them, they sure won't care about anything once they have your money.

This company isn't blacklisted, but annoys me for their obscene shipping & handling charges: Craftlobby

A Garden Eastward

Huge, long story but in short...this woman sent my friend and I the nastiest emails. I will NEVER order from that company, which is too bad because she had a couple of scents I've been looking everywhere for, and she had great CP notes on her oils (for my friend)...

http://www.candlesupplycentral.com/

Would have to be the top of my blacklist!

Thier clean cotton has a floral tone to it, other scents I have tried were just plain weak. Almost if they were watered down. I couldn't get good results from any oil I purchased from them.

Thier Customer Service is something to be desired as well, when you give them some feedback. They just say well we have thousands of satisfied customers.

I totally agree !!! I would never buy from them again, their pecan pie is awful, their gingerbread only smells like a weak vanilla. I got around six pounds from them about a year ago and wasn't able to use any of them, they smelled so bad. IMO

You can read what people say about many candle and soap making suppliers' service and products and also learn about fragrance oils and their uses in various products. The site is in its beginning stages and your input would really be appreciated. I am so excited about this site because we can now have a place to go to both voice our experiences and also to see what others have to say. Please come on over and take a look. Bookmark the site and come back often to participate.:yay: :yay: :yay:

http://www.scentforum.com/fsr/supplier_reviews.php

Thanks a bunch,

Soapymomma

http://www.candleandsoapstuff.com/ Amost Heaven Soap and Candle Stuff has to be the WORST supplier on the net. :mad: Lea has used the "health problem" excuse for 2 years that I know of to rip people off. After 7 months of waiting for my order, I FINALLY received an email reply today only because I filed with the BBB and several other agencies. She has excuse after excuse and tries to make herself look like the victim, instead of all the people she has screwed. Fraud is fraud and EVERYONE needs to stay clear of this scam artist and hopefully it will eventually close her ass down!! :mad: