Candle Magazines?????

Why everytime I get online - there is a fresh question from you :D ....that is not meant in a bad way....lol

Just ironic - lmao

I dont know of any current books/mags....however I will tell you when I got started in 2000 with gel candles the books I was buyer was saying it was okay to put flammable items in them - I had common sense not to....but how many people followed those directions. To me the info on a suppliers site on how to make a basic candle, knowing what you are doing, keeping good notes and plenty of testing will get you somewhere faster than a book. JMO

I think dcroome has some books in the classys if I am not mistaken.

Now, off to do what I came on here for....rofl - a refund....

here is the link for the classy http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63304

Nevermind - your 30 days isn't up - I'll PM her and give her the link to this thread maybe she will post.

there is a magazine for candles and b & B I think c&s carries it. seems like it is called the create it or something like that, they have the back issues also.

here is the link.

http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/category.asp?catalog_name=Candles&category_name=Magazines&Page=1&path=Books/Magazines/DVD's#Magazines

Hi Sparkette! IMHO, i think this is the best book yo could"subscribe" to!

Plus it's free, and you are getting some of the best advice from some of the most proffessional ppl around the world!! To me that's worth more than a book could ever teach!!!;)

Kimmeroo

I have a great candle magazine. I think it only came out once or twice. I bought one and still have it. It was called Body, Mind and Soul. I read through it occassionally. It has a few other things in it like soaps, and making cards. I wish it was still available. I have tried to locate the company but can't seem to find any info. online. Too bad it was a nice magazine. I think Martha Stewart took the name because she has a magazine now that has the same name or very similar. Oh yeah....MizBizzyb your too funny!!!!!

You can't lay in bed and read candle tech, at least I can't. Would love a magazine but guess there is just not enough call. I have books and several issues of the one that came out a couple of years ago. Guess I'm looking for what's New, what works and what sells.

I can! i have wireless internet and a laptop!!! LOL!! i know some ppl like to read a real book! I was just making the statement that this is the BEST place to come for ALL you candle questions! i love interactive results...real ppl...assortment of ppl...but that is just my humble opinion! if you can find a good book go for it!

Kimmeroo

Sadly - this was the response I got from my friend...

The NCA (National Candle Association) is the best resource for technical information on candles. I don't know for sure if they publish the technical presentations that they give at the technical meetings, but they did talk about it. www.candles.org

Also... There is a candle division of the ASTM (committe ID is F15.45). There are 'Candle Standards' that interested parties can purchase (relatively inexpensive). They outline things like nomenclature / definitions, there are candle safety standard (s) for the candle and for accessories, there's a candle glass standard and even a visual emissions test method (so that you can be sure you have built a candle that doesn't soot). Go to www.ASTM.org and search for candle standards.

As for a monthly magazine... I don't know about that. If there is, it's probably NOT technical.