Favorite herb places

Scented

I just ordered a bunch from Herbco.com (Monterey Bay Spice Company). They have smaller 1/4 lb sizes, which is nice for trying things out. They do have a $20 minimum order requirement, or a $5 small order fee. It just encouraged me to add a few more goodies to my box! I was very very pleased with the service, the shipping times. Everything was well packaged. I haven't tried everything out yet, but I've had a blast with the things that I have used!

Ginger I would, but I have no way to keep the plants alive with a cat that will de-pot anything, lack of sunshine and I'm surrounded by concrete, sooooo I'm stuck with buying. Actually I'm looking for some lavender buds, peppermint leaves, rose stuff and a variety of other things. I'd love to have my own herbal garden. Now that would be fun.

I used to order from FNWL all the time, they have natural ground herbs for colorants and a very good selection of botanicals. However, some of the prices make it cost prohibitive to use them in every recipe.

I've been ordered from here, lately:

http://www.bulkfoods.com/

I'd really LOVE to grow a mini potted herb garden in my house.

Something to ponder for next year.

Check out http://www.bulkherbstore.com/

They sell tons of different kinds but my favorite thing about them is that their site is SOO informative. They tell you ALL about each herb, AND how THEY use it, how it has been used in history and sometimes they even break it down into a list of internal and external uses. They even tell you if it is a good for people and or animals. I have never ordered from them yet, but I use their information extensively. (then I buy locally, lol, if I can)

They have recipies for salves, teas, hair treatments, and much much more. Sometimes they might be cheaper since they most likely aren't the middle man that a B&B company is, who is also trying to make a profit on top of the profit they had to pay the original source. Not sure about that, but that's generally how it works.

I LOVE that site!!!:D

Really nice site. They are very informative. They also have the option to buy in half pound or whole pound increments. If I buy, they look like the place I would order from.

Check out http://www.bulkherbstore.com/

They sell tons of different kinds but my favorite thing about them is that their site is SOO informative. They tell you ALL about each herb, AND how THEY use it, how it has been used in history and sometimes they even break it down into a list of internal and external uses. They even tell you if it is a good for people and or animals. I have never ordered from them yet, but I use their information extensively. (then I buy locally, lol, if I can)

They have recipies for salves, teas, hair treatments, and much much more. Sometimes they might be cheaper since they most likely aren't the middle man that a B&B company is, who is also trying to make a profit on top of the profit they had to pay the original source. Not sure about that, but that's generally how it works.

I LOVE that site!!!:D