Craft Show Pictures

jakalex

My first Craft Show was today at a local elementary school. There were 65 vendors. 4 Candle vendors: Partylite, Gold Canyon, another soy candle vendor and me. I did not know about the soy candle vendor. She must have been a last minute sign up.

The show was not managed well as far as duplicate vendors. There were 2 pampered chef, 2 southern home, lots of jewelry, etc. Many vendors were hopping mad about it.

I was pleased with my sales for a first show. Especially considering there were 4 other candle vendors and there was not much traffic. I ended up with around $150.00 in sales for 6 hours. Not much but many vendors did not even make the booth fee of $35.00! I tried to concentrate on my presentation, making contacts, etc. since this was my first show.

I also met a fellow CT'er Crafty1. She has very nice B&B products!

Here are some pics from the show:

[ATTACH]13730[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13731[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13732[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13733[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13734[/ATTACH]

post-3991-13945843728_thumb.jpg

post-3991-139458437282_thumb.jpg

post-3991-139458437283_thumb.jpg

post-3991-139458437286_thumb.jpg

post-3991-139458437287_thumb.jpg

Your pictures look good, so does your presentation. I love your tealights, I love the look of the bag instead of the acetate boxes. I need to pick me up some of those bags!

I love those red & green tealights. They are new at candlescience.

The bags are from KY.

Good looking set up. I love the stand you have your containers on. So neat you got to meet Crafty. You'll find future shows are easier but I still stress out with every set up. People really do pay attention. In my experience if they see you at future shows they will be more willing to look and buy your stuff. Before you know it they will be looking for you.

The nicest compliment I received Sat. was from a lady who had received an air freshener as a gift last yr. She came to Saturday's show just to buy air fresheners from me. I guess I should give up testing wicks and just make air fresheners. LOL

Very nice presentation. Love your hutch type display, may I ask did you buy that or have it made? The gift shop in my town had her Christmas open house Sat and I always have my table with my candles. There were less people than last year and the sales were down all the way around. I didn't get a tally before I left, will later on this week. I let everything go through her when customers buy. We always give 10% off and she has drawing for a couple of 25% and 1 50% and also a 100.00 drawing. Think people around here are afraid to travel with the high gas prices!

P.S. - Like the lady in the picture!!!

Very nice presentation. Love your hutch type display, may I ask did you buy that or have it made? The gift shop in my town had her Christmas open house Sat and I always have my table with my candles. There were less people than last year and the sales were down all the way around. I didn't get a tally before I left, will later on this week. I let everything go through her when customers buy. We always give 10% off and she has drawing for a couple of 25% and 1 50% and also a 100.00 drawing. Think people around here are afraid to travel with the high gas prices!

P.S. - Like the lady in the picture!!!

I did have the hutch display and the flat display for my tins made. I have a friend who is a custom cabinet maker and designer. I got a deal and she gets some free candles! LOL!

Hope you did well at the gift shop.

Thanks!

Very nice set up and your candles look great. Love the containers with the 3 layers - is that palm wax? Someday - very far into the future - I would love to have a range of products like you do, at the moment I do pillars and wax melts.

Yes, the three layer candles are GGLow from CS. I did sell two of those. Hope to sell more at my next show.

Thanks to everyone for all the compliments!

Great setup!!

I tried something at a show a few weeks ago, I didn't set up my shelves to put candles on, and wasn't nearly as successful. I put them back up for this show and it was a much more appealing visual. So, yes, if anyone ever wants to know is it worth setting up your table...it sure is.

Your display looks very nice! Nice job!